Hey guys, my French class is planning a trip to France next Christmas, but there's a problem. We would be flying in economy class in either Air France or United Airlines, but my parents have a problem with that. They insist that we book the airfare separately from the rest of the school group, and fly me in First Class on a Star Alliance Partner airline. The catch is that I would have to connect in Frankfurt, and then take another fly to Paris to meet up with the rest of the group, then I would have to find my way alone to the hotel.

What do you guys think I should do, I'm trying to convince my parents that the flight is part of the whole experience, anyone have any ideas how I can convince my parents?
Your parents are bourgeois. Who the **** flies first class anyway?
Yeh, harden the **** up man
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
It's weird actually, the businessmen and the like are usually in Business class, but when I am in the First Class cabin, it's filled with casually dressed people and usually several children.
Quote by deadkenedy
Yeh, harden the **** up man

Did you even read my post? I want to fly in economy class with my class, my parents do not.
What the hell is their problem? They do realise if the plane crashes, everyone dies, not just people in economy.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
tell them that terrorists kill people specifically in first class airlines, cause thats where all the money is at boi!
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Well (and this is just me personally) I'm not down with the whole first class thing, but I have to say one of my favourite parts of travelling is navigating around and figuring things out in a completely different environment. I'm going abroad next semester and I'm not going with the general class group cause I kind of like figuring out the local transportation system by myself and having the freedom to take detours and whatnot...may be a bit different though cause I'm in uni (you're in high school?)
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Just try to reason with them, tell them that it's part of the whole experience, and being in economy class will not hurt you.

You're a lucky bastard by the way, I've never even been on a plane.
WTF why go through all that extra trouble and work?
Why not just forget the class, and take your own vacation?

"Why isn't Johnny here with us?"
"Oh, he had to fly first class on a whole separate airline which isn't even going the same place as us"
"LOL"

That's super awesome that you get to go on a plane in high school, let alone a field trip.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
WTF why go through all that extra trouble and work?
Why not just forget the class, and take your own vacation?

"Why isn't Johnny here with us?"
"Oh, he had to fly first class on a whole separate airline which isn't even going the same place as us"
"LOL"

That's super awesome that you get to go on a plane in high school, let alone a field trip.

Well I am going to the same place as the class, I just to connect through Frankfurt, before I reach Paris. And yeah this is a good experience during highschool, the school sponsors a trip for each of the four language classes every year.