what is the difference between the mesa recto 2x12 and the roadster 2x12?

i think the roadster may weight a bit less, but i dont know what else. im also posoitive they both use v30 speakers. the roadster cab is slighty cheaper though, which made me wonder why.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
bumpedy bump
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
the recto is a bit bigger and it Trak-Loc™ Removable Casters.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
would the bigger size be an advantage or disadvantage?

ive heard it is a disadvantage in the 4x12 because it makes the bass looser /flubby/etc., but i havent heard anything about the 2x12

by the way, mark iii ftw

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
one that one I can't really help you. haven't had the chance yet to try it out. so yeah, if you have a chance try them both out and pick the one you like the most.

btw: Mark III FTW!

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
well ive been trying to find a 2x12 cab for a while and have mainly been chasing a recto cab. just now i found a cheap roadster cab so im thinkg of just going for it.

by the way, what stripe do you have. Mine is a black stripe, no eq. also, where the reverb knob is, there is a little circle thing plugging the hole, and reverb is blocked out with a marker. i have heard of this before, but it still confuses me lol.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
well ive been trying to find a 2x12 cab for a while and have mainly been chasing a recto cab. just now i found a cheap roadster cab so im thinkg of just going for it.

by the way, what stripe do you have. Mine is a black stripe, no eq. also, where the reverb knob is, there is a little circle thing plugging the hole, and reverb is blocked out with a marker. i have heard of this before, but it still confuses me lol.

well if the roadster cab is cheap enough go for it.
mine is a red stripe and as it says in my sig no graphic eq.
and about the reverb thing. your amp doesn't has reverb i assume. it's because all head where built the same and then the head would be built to the spec. you want. so when your head was built guy who ordered it didn't wanted built in reverb. so in the factory they just stuffed the hole and blacked out the word "reverb". but the reverb mod can still be done if you want to.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
ah what a douche hahaha. i may get the R2 volume mod done and get the knob put right there. you know of any other things they can do to it?

edit: and the cab is 475. matrixclaw's blog with the mesa prices says the cab is 590 new. the cab is one year old with no issues at all. seems like a pretty nice deal to me

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
anyone else have any input?

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣