Poll: What are your thoughts on cheating?
Poll Options
View poll results: What are your thoughts on cheating?
It's absolutely wrong, all the time.
270 73%
It's okay if you're about to break up anyway.
26 7%
I'm indifferent to it/am for polygamy.
18 5%
It depends on the situation.
56 15%
Voters: 370.
Page 1 of 4
So I was wondering what UG's opinion is on cheating on a significant other.

Because I was thinking about it, and the whole "cheating is always wrong and evil" train of thought seems kind of ridiculous to me. If you're cheated on, your lover is basically affirming that your relationship was heading towards the $hitter in the first place. They're just acting on their opinion of you. Isn't that just honesty? Now, I do believe that it is ****ed up to lead someone on if the relationship isn't working. But this has nothing to do with the physical aspect of cheating. It's the thought that counts, not the action, imo.

Your opinions?
You cheated on someone, huh?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
No, actually. I'm not in a relationship right now, unfortunately.

I just saw a thread where this dude was complaining about how his girlfriend likes to drink and is afraid she'll cheat on him.

EDIT: to qstionauthority: not exactly; what I meant was that you're being honest with yourself in admitting that you don't really care about your partner that much. Obviously if you're disinterested enough to cheat on a person, you shouldn't be in a serious relationship with them.
there is no bigger spit in the face, so to speak, than being cheated on.
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
I'm the dude, if you were in a relationship where you knew you both loved eachother, would it be okay if she got drunk and messed up everything that was going amazing? would sorry fix it for you? would you encourage that she did it again?
It doesn't necissarily mean you don't care for that person, it just means there was another person that you were interested in at the time.
Cheating IMO is despicable, no matter the situation. If the relationship was ending, then you should end it plain and simple. Why cheat and turn it into something else. My 2 cents.

"Sanitarium, leave me be

Sanitarium, just leave me alone"

Quote by Nikita, Righ?
No, actually. I'm not in a relationship right now, unfortunately.

I just saw a thread where this dude was complaining about how his girlfriend likes to drink and is afraid she'll cheat on him.

EDIT: to qstionauthority: not exactly; what I meant was that you're being honest with yourself in admitting that you don't really care about your partner that much. Obviously if you're disinterested enough to cheat on a person, you shouldn't be in a serious relationship with them.

I get what you're saying. If you're with someone you don't really want to be with, it's dishonest to keep forcing yourself to say: "My, you're pretty".
But cheating isn't the answer to a bad relationship.

Cheating is always good.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Bah, this is why I won't be in a relationship for some time. I'm sort of in that play around phase and I don't want to be tied down (total cliche, I know); plus I've seen/been in too many sour relationships to believe the other person would be faithful to me either. I'm young though, I'll bounce back
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Cheating is only cheating in a declared relationship, which is inherently monogamous.

If you're a swinger, then it's not cheating. However, if you sleep with someone, communicate as to whether or not you intend on developing a relationship or keeping it open. If you don't communicate that, don't be surprised if you get shit for sleeping around.
Cheating is always bad. If you're about to break up anyway, or think the relationship's headed there, ****ING END IT and save yourself some trouble.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by This Jersey Kid
I'm the dude, if you were in a relationship where you knew you both loved eachother, would it be okay if she got drunk and messed up everything that was going amazing? would sorry fix it for you? would you encourage that she did it again?

If I knew that we both loved each other, I wouldn't be worried about cheating. There's nothing you can do about it, you could have been cheated on already and never find out about it for the rest of your life. So why concern yourself with it?
If you cheated on someone and this is how you're trying to justify it to yourself then I fart in your general direction. If you are in a relationship and you decide to cheat on the person then end the relationship. Don't deceive and humiliate the person you're with.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
If you cheated on someone and this is how you're trying to justify it to yourself then I fart in your general direction. If you are in a relationship and you decide to cheat on the person then end the relationship. Don't deceive and humiliate the person you're with.

... dude chill out. I haven't been in anything resembling a relationship in months. I was merely asking for the Pit's opinion on the subject. Personally, I wouldn't cheat if I was in an official relationship. I'd break up with the person first.
Quote by reaper_x
kudos to you, sir.

SIG THAT! SIG IT!

sigged.

Quote by Nikita, Righ?
If I knew that we both loved each other, I wouldn't be worried about cheating. There's nothing you can do about it, you could have been cheated on already and never find out about it for the rest of your life. So why concern yourself with it?

touche'
Quote by reaper_x
kudos to you, sir.

SIG THAT! SIG IT!
I wish there was a meh option in the poll...

Im sorta in a "as long as Im getting my dick wet, I don't care" phase, its actually really nice
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Its definitely wrong. Doesnt mean I wouldnt do it, but its still wrong.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by Nikita, Righ?
... dude chill out. I haven't been in anything resembling a relationship in months. I was merely asking for the Pit's opinion on the subject. Personally, I wouldn't cheat if I was in an official relationship. I'd break up with the person first.

I'm pretty calm. You asked for opinions and I gave mine. I didn't mean it in a hostile way.

I am curious about your definition of "official relationship" though. Do you mean dating exclusively versus not dating exlusively, or what?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I took the farting in my general direction thing as hostility. My bad dude.

My point is that i feel that fretting over it is trying to take control of something it's impossible to control.

Also, there is nothing aside from social convention and greed that motivates one to desire exclusive partnership. I think it was Oscar Wilde that compared this notion to slavery in that you want to own and control a person by not letting them have other partners but you. That being said, however, I still probably wouldn't cheat in most cases just because mostly everyone would be deeply hurt by cheating, because my opinion is unorthodox here.
Quote by Nikita, Righ?

Because I was thinking about it, and the whole "cheating is always wrong and evil" train of thought seems kind of ridiculous to me. If you're cheated on, your lover is basically affirming that your relationship was heading towards the $hitter in the first place.

While they may be affirming that notion, that doesn't make it any less horribly wrong.

Cheating is never okay, under any circumstances. It's always terrible. Always.
Well my girlfriend just cheated on me last night. So yes it's wrong. Our relationship was down in the dumps but why the hell did she have to lead me on, not to mention it was with one of my really good mates too.

Lost infinity respect for both of them.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by Nikita, Righ?
I took the farting in my general direction thing as hostility. My bad dude.

My point is that i feel that fretting over it is trying to take control of something it's impossible to control.

Also, there is nothing aside from social convention and greed that motivates one to desire exclusive partnership. I think it was Oscar Wilde that compared this notion to slavery in that you want to own and control a person by not letting them have other partners but you. That being said, however, I still probably wouldn't cheat in most cases just because mostly everyone would be deeply hurt by cheating, because my opinion is unorthodox here.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about that theory, but I think the best thing to do is find someone with similar values. As someone already said, it's not a problem if both people are cool with it, but if one person in the relationship cheats because they feel that it's okay while their partner is interested in maintaining a relationship with them exclusively, then there be problems. You seem to agree with that though, so I don't know why I even bothered typing it out
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by solid_moose

Cheating is always good.

nice.

I don't think it is right to cheat, no matter what the situation.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
No I would never do it.

buttt really i'd like an answer.... DEFINE the term cheating...?
there's man different views on what people think is cheating and isn't. like sex definately is but some people go " you hugged" or some other ****. i just wanted to know what you guys think :P
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by capsfan17
I wish there was a meh option in the poll...

Im sorta in a "as long as Im getting my dick wet, I don't care" phase, its actually really nice

Slut.

Meh, if you want to cheat on someone then you shouldn't be in a relationship with them.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Nikita, Righ?
So I was wondering what UG's opinion is on cheating on a significant other.

Because I was thinking about it, and the whole "cheating is always wrong and evil" train of thought seems kind of ridiculous to me. If you're cheated on, your lover is basically affirming that your relationship was heading towards the $hitter in the first place. They're just acting on their opinion of you. Isn't that just honesty? Now, I do believe that it is ****ed up to lead someone on if the relationship isn't working. But this has nothing to do with the physical aspect of cheating. It's the thought that counts, not the action, imo.

Your opinions?
your post is based on flawed logic.

1 - you agree on the level of commitment/fidelity.

2 - if it's an open relationship, there is no such thing as cheating.

3 - if it's an exclusive deal, you don't break the deal when it's convenient for you.

4 - your brand of 'honesty' is just a rationalization for unethical behaviour.

5 - if you can't make a clean break from your current relationship, keep it in your pants.

6 - if you do things with another girl that you'd feel uncomfortable doing with your girlfriend watching, it's probably cheating.

7 - nothing says you can't change the exclusive part of your relationship and go back to an open relationship, but that means a new agreement. not a unilateral decision by only one of the parties involved.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Jun 9, 2008,
I have only ever cheated once, this was back in 9th grade and I was dating this guy that I didn't really like, it was a bit of a filler relationship tbh.
Anyway I got with this other guy during lunch break, broke up with the boyfriend after school after he had [no doubt] found out. I guess I cheated b.c. I needed a bit of leverage to break it all off.
It was fun, yeah, but I still felt bad after and I actually apologised to him last october.
And I'm not going to do it ever again.
♥xx♥

SYD is a smart fellow.

I say it should be never deemed as "ok".
If you cheat on someone, you aren't 'giving your opinion'. If you think it's going downhill, tell them before hand, THEN **** their sister/brother/Golden Retriever etc.

I'm personally very against it.
No exceptions. You can kinda be let loose a little if you tell them straight up though.
But otherwise, nah, very against.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by djn419
there is no bigger spit in the face, so to speak, than being cheated on.

Hey, you think YOUR face is getting spat on when your gf cheats on you...

Gore AND Core; unite!
I would NEVER cheat on anyone. No matter what the situation. I think it's one of the worst things you can do. My girlfriend of 2 years cheated on me, and it killed me inside >.<
But I'm over it ^_^
Cheating is a no no.
yer i would never have completed GTA: san andreas without cheats but yer i suppose it can be overrat... what... oh were talking bout cheating on significant other... ofcourse thats cool, score as many chicks as possible... no seriously its wrong, if u supposedly love someone how can you hurt them like that and i noticed TS is not in a realationship... i wonder why... you think cheating is ok you NOOB
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Cheating is wrong in any circumstance. If you have the stupidity to cheat on someone, you're not mature enough to be in a relationship with said person.
TS, you're chatting crap btw.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Absolutely wrong, all the time.
I've been cheated once and it felt the worst feeling ever... I really felt like a stupid piece of garbage...
I forgived her and now I regret doing so, I should break right away... (she breaked a couple of months later).
If I ever been in a relationship and felt like things aren't working out I would talk to my GF and tell her that, not cheating...
Cheating is low, dirty and for people with no remorse...
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
I'm all for polyamoury, which is VERY different than polygamy...
Difference between a relationship ending on a good note, and a relationship ending in one of the two people in it acting like a cunt. Do not cheat.
Quote by Nikita, Righ?

no i think basic laws of evolution (or whatever) makes it pretty obvious why you would want one partner at a time. you know knowing the child id yours, knowing your girlfriend hasnt been cheating in you and giving you random diseases... all that stuff not just greed.
Page 1 of 4