So, it's summer, and I need something to do in my spare time at night when I'm not busy. I took up RuneScape for way too long, and it's time for some change. What are some good online RPGs like Runescape, or of any other quality?

Post/Discuss.
Creator and member # 1 of the "UREH UREH" Club. PM me to join.
I've played both FFXI and WoW and had fun with both. FFXI had more flaws but I met some great people. Until I got a girlfriend I was looking at Everquest 2 (my friend lauds it but doesn't play any longer) or Age of Conan. Age of Conan is apparently lacking content in the level 40+ range though. Might want to hold off on that one. I dunno. Depends on how much you'll be playing.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Are you looking for an mmo?

I've played EVE for about 3.5 years now, probably the best mmo on the market...Takes a while to get good though.
Quote by barb3rman
I've played both FFXI and WoW and had fun with both. FFXI had more flaws but I met some great people. Until I got a girlfriend I was looking at Everquest 2 (my friend lauds it but doesn't play any longer) or Age of Conan. Age of Conan is apparently lacking content in the level 40+ range though. Might want to hold off on that one. I dunno. Depends on how much you'll be playing.

Yeah def want to wait on AoC, the game was released in what I would describe as late alpha/early beta. See if funcom can deliver what they said in todays upcoming patch. Games is severely lacking right now.
^Listen to this man. He knows more than you can imagine.

EDIT: Dammit must you people ruin everything

EDIT2: It was, of course, aimed at Fishy.
Quote by Vos
Cough up the money and buy Oblivion...you'll never need another RPG

Great game, but lacks online play.
Which doesn't make it an "Online RPG".
Quote by Vos
Cough up the money and buy Oblivion...you'll never need another RPG

I've beat it 100% a lot of time. But I still love it.

Ragnarok sounds interesting, I think I'll give it a look.
apparently world of warcraft is way addictive. as in turns you nocturnal addictive.
You are not a slave...
Quote by Brown925
Are you looking for an mmo?

I've played EVE for about 3.5 years now, probably the best mmo on the market...Takes a while to get good though.

I've been playing EVE for about 10 days now and absolutely love it.

Definitely not a game for everybody though.
Quote by Avedas
I've been playing EVE for about 10 days now and absolutely love it.

Definitely not a game for everybody though.

Slightly off-topic, but, how does EVE compare to those games such as World of Warcraft etc?
Quote by Grundy0
^Listen to this man. He knows more than you can imagine.

EDIT: Dammit must you people ruin everything

EDIT2: It was, of course, aimed at Fishy.

I honestly wasn't sure who you were talking about!

That being said,

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by lotsofvolume
Slightly off-topic, but, how does EVE compare to those games such as World of Warcraft etc?

EVE is fucking SLOW AS HELL. Very slow paced game. It's strategic, too. Takes forever. Dogfighting like WoW just doesn't happen. That is precisely why most people don't like it. There's no MMO like it. I played WoW for about a year, too.

Also, there's less 12 year old kids and such because most of their attention spans can't handle it. This results in more mature conversations and less spammers overall. And people actually type properly.
Quote by Avedas
EVE is fucking SLOW AS HELL. Very slow paced game. It's strategic, too. Takes forever. Dogfighting like WoW just doesn't happen. That is precisely why most people don't like it. There's no MMO like it. I played WoW for about a year, too.

Also, there's less 12 year old kids and such because most of their attention spans can't handle it. This results in more mature conversations and less spammers overall. And people actually type properly.

Oh, ok. Actually sounds pretty good, might look into it.
Quote by lotsofvolume
Oh, ok. Actually sounds pretty good, might look into it.

My favorite part is I can take bathroom breaks.

Destination: 14 jumps. Time to go take a shower.
Maybe Last Chaos? Its pretty basic. I also like Voyage Century. Its a bit different and its great if you get bored to games like Flyff or Runescape
Quote by metacarpi
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

Im checking out Conquer Online right now, it looks pretty good.

EVE sounds like another hit, how slow is it though, as some have said?
Quote by d00diseeyou
Im checking out Conquer Online right now, it looks pretty good.

EVE sounds like another hit, how slow is it though, as some have said?

I've found some really simple missions like going out and killing shit to take up to half an hour. But it really depends on what you're doing. However, things do take time. EVE's world is one of the biggest MMO universes out there. When you're fighting, all your moves make a difference. Weighing the speed of your ship against your opponent's as you attempt to orbit them at whatever distance you need to determine is best can be difficult. Then you have to watch the distances of all the other enemies and their ranges while you can use target jamming items and afterburners and all that fun stuff. As for skills, some can take over a month and a half to learn.
Vanguard: Saga of heroes!!!

Original developers of EverQuest, incredibly immersive, and awesome world.

tons of content, very in depth classes, crafting system, diplomacy that lets you interact and change the way NPCs function, housing system, ... Whats not incredible about this game

It's a pay to play but the actual software is only 20 bucks!!!

Hit me up if you decide to play I'll help you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rps66qlhXHM&feature=related

Screenshot compilation of the world, check it out.

BTW its a pretty geeky game, but it's insanely fun.