well i went online and looked for some new car speakers
and I found this site and all the speakers are like really really cheap like 25 bucks for 6.5 diameter speakers

I was just wondering if anybody knows anything about car speakers and could tell me if I'm getting ripped off or not and where to get some good quality cheap speakers
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
^^yay photoshop...you made me lol all over myself
i know whoever blasts doof doof music from their car at a loud volume to look tr00 gangstarr is a ****wit.
he's talking about 6.5 inch speakers, those are door speakers not subwoofers.

i'd check out crutchfield.com they're a lot cheaper than best buy or anything, and they're a reliable company. i got 4 alpine type r speakers and 2 subs with amps for the same price as just the subs cost at best buy.

hope that helps.
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
link by any chance
it would help if brand names , peak and running power were included
Quote by CvPrEpKiLLaH
i'd check out crutchfield.com they're a lot cheaper than best buy or anything

No they aren't. Crutchfield's prices are generally what I consider the market average - not the most expensive, but definitely not the cheapest. That being said, Crutchfield is a great place to do research. I recently got a set of Infinity 6022si speakers from Ebay for $60, which is $40-50 under retail/Crutchfield's cost.

We need to know a lot of info before we can give you a real opinion.

1) What's your car stereo like now?
2) Do you have a link to those speakers? If not, what make and model are they?
3) Are you planning on running an amp, and if so, what RMS wattage?
Hi, I'm Peter