I'm practicing alternate picking using the guitar pro tab from Intense Rock and I simply CAN'T go along with the flow of the metronome. Here are the tabs:

--------------12------12-----------||
--12--13--15------15------15--13---||
----------------------------------o||
-----------------------------------||
^ v ^ v ^ v ^ v

--------------12--14--15--14--12-----------||
--12--13--15----------------------15--13---||
------------------------------------------o||
-------------------------------------------||
-------------------------------------------||
^ v ^ v ^ v ^ v ^ v

It's three notes per beat and I still can't get it at 40 bpm . What is teh problem?! I have no trouble playing 1-2-3 on each string/scales like that.

I've resorted to lowering the tempo ridiculously and playing all the notes per beat. Is that alright?

thanks all!
Last edited by fffplol at Jun 9, 2008,
should be i found it hard to do alternate picking for ages i started off really slowly for ages and im gradually building it up
Yeah there's nothing wrong with that dude.
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
If your playing 3 notes per beat it means your doing triplets. Make sure you can evenly space out the 3 notes in the beat to make it easier to move on to the next set of 3 and your not rushing some of the notes. And, yes building up from (what might feel like a ridiculously) slow tempo is good, its how i did it.
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
yes with alternate picking you will have to start off slowly. You can probably play it faster without using alternate picking atm but you will eventually be able to play it faster with alternate picking. Start off slowly and you will eventually gain speed. It will not happen over night, so don't expect it to.
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by vzeke
why not just economy pick it?

im having trouble synchronizing eg. 123, 123 instead of 123, 123 so I think changing picking method won't work
just for the record
--------------12------12-----------||
--12--13--15------15------15--13---||
^ v ^ v ^ v ^ v

--------------12--14--15--14--12-----------||
--12--13--15----------------------15--13---||