Okay, this is quite the noobish question, but relates to music theory so i didn't post it in general. Alright, i understand a capo raises the pitch of open notes. So, lets say i want to put 2 different sounding C chords together. I could play one open, i already know how to locate other C major chords without a capo, but i want to use one of the open shapes to make it easier to play. So lets say this for example, i play an open C chord, i then put a capo on fourth fret. How can i find what shape on fourth fret will be equivelant to the c major open chord but have a much fuller sound. Thanks
On the fourth fret you won't be able to get an open chord for C, because the equivalent position is C#.

On the third fret if you play open D it will come out as a C. Basically you put your capo on and you work out where the note is in relation to your new "nut" and play the chord from that.
www.myspace.com/stcircusthemighty

Check it out. If you like what you hear, friend me.

Quote by Rikifield
Nice acoustic man! And your voice is melting with the acoustic sound...
Quote by Circus
On the fourth fret you won't be able to get an open chord for C, because the equivalent position is C#.

On the third fret if you play open D it will come out as a C. Basically you put your capo on and you work out where the note is in relation to your new "nut" and play the chord from that.

The equivalent position of an open C chord with a capo on 4 is D#.

If you play an open D shape with capo on 3 it will sound F.
I beleive this question was answered in your last thread.
Obviously I didn't give him the answer he wanted.
Quote by Me
With the capo on the 4th fret, there is no open shape that is a C major chord (in the same way that without a capo, there is no open G# major chord)
You're asking how to fit a square peg in a round hole.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by branny1982
The equivalent position of an open C chord with a capo on 4 is D#.

If you play an open D shape with capo on 3 it will sound F.

You are right, I am wrong. I occasionally get my F and C mixed up on the A string.
www.myspace.com/stcircusthemighty

Check it out. If you like what you hear, friend me.

Quote by Rikifield
Nice acoustic man! And your voice is melting with the acoustic sound...
You can however put a capo on the third fret and then play a regular A major chord shape, which will then become C major.