Hi everyone, I did a search but thought it'd be easier to create a new thread...

I'm desperate to record some of my music. I have a BOSS RC2 Loop Station with all my tunes, but I don't think it's possible to copy this on to a computer. Basically I want to put some songs in my profile on this site amongst other things.

I don't have a PC or Apple, so obviously no recording software. I guess it's gonna be pretty expensive to start out but once I've got everything it will last a long time.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to get please? Not in a band, so would need to create bass lines and drum parts. I play guitar so would do the rhythm and lead myself.

Hope this is the right forum

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by mdc at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by mon_the_fraser
What you are speaking of is nigh impossible. Are you on a laptop?

No but would prefer one.
Last edited by mdc at Jun 12, 2008,
I use my one at work. Can't really bring all my gear in on a work day lol!
Last edited by mdc at Jun 12, 2008,
If you were to buy an insanely cheap laptop they usually have a soundcard that will work in them then get audacity (free) and guitar pro (not free) then you can make drums with guitar pro and add them to audactity. Then you need a microphone that goes into your computer you can just record onto the laptop. Anyway that is the an easy way to do it longwinded but apart from that i wouldn't know how
Quote by mon_the_fraser
How are you on UG if your not using a pc or apple or laptop for that matter?

Time Paradox.
Quote by mon_the_fraser
If you were to buy an insanely cheap laptop they usually have a soundcard that will work in them then get audacity (free) and guitar pro (not free) then you can make drums with guitar pro and add them to audactity. Then you need a microphone that goes into your computer you can just record onto the laptop. Anyway that is the an easy way to do it longwinded but apart from that i wouldn't know how

Yeah, you can record the drums from guitar pro into audacity using stereo mix, I use it all the time and it works great.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Jun 9, 2008,