So here in the UK there used to be a programme called Brass Eye which was sort of like a satirical series which used British celebrities to endorse campaigns.

This first one is about a MADE UP drug called Cake. Remember, the drug is not real but the celebs think it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0GxUxKZdHk

This next one is longer and is in 3 parts. It is a spoof paedophile documentary which again is NOT REAL but the celbs think it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jVnrfoZD8

Oh and the presenter is Chris Morris who starred in The I.T Crowd.
Quote by saphrax
They also did one about an elephant with it's trunk stuck up it's arse!

Yeah I know

I couldn't find it on youtube though.
WHY CAN NO ONE SAY BRITISH ILLES ANY MORE WITHOUT PUT IN PEDOPH IN FRONT OF IT!!!??? (pedophiles)
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
"Genetically, peadophiles have more in common with crabs than they do you with you and I. Now there's no real evidence for this but it is scientific fact."

Dr Fox.
Wait... so you have bad AIDS?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I can't decided whether that pedogedon one is really funny or just really wrong....
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
Quote by Jaysifer
I can't decided whether that pedogedon one is really funny or just really wrong....

I think there was an uproar about it when it was first aired. Come on though, you've got to admit the part about the online game was funny.
Chris Morris is a genius.

These programs aren't about "glamourising" the paedophile/crime/sex/whatever culture, but mocking the celebrities who will do anything to get on TV, even attaching themselves to fake causes.

And I'm talking Nonce Sense.

I hope DanRev sees this thread - his personal message below his username is one of my favourite Brass Eye phrases.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
"One kiddy on cake cried all the water out of his body, just imagine how his mother felt, it's a f****** disgrace!"

Bernard Manning
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Wait... so you have bad AIDS?

If a gunman came in here and shot you to pieces, your blood-you'd give this whole room bad AIDS! Shame on you!

Chris Morris is about as close to a deity on earth as it gets. The Day Today, Jam, Jaaaam and Nathan Barley are hilarious too. Everyone needs to go and see the Mr. Lizard sketch on Youtube now.
Awesome show
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Hah that was a pretty risky programme - I think the paedophile show never aired on TV.

"paedophiles disguise themselves as schools to lure children" - lol
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
my class watched an episode in sociology once, was great..partly because it's one of those comedies that's just wrong and no one else found it that funny..o well
Quote by PurpleMonkeyDW
Hah that was a pretty risky programme - I think the paedophile show never aired on TV.

It was broadcast in 2001. Got around 3000 complaints, IIRC.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by PurpleMonkeyDW

Yeah it did, there was a load of controversy about it... exactly what he wanted.

Paedophiles actually have more genetically in common with crabs than humans.

Quote by irnbrurules
Chris Morris was on Nathan Barley??? Who did he play?

No one, wrote and directed it.

WEBBDIT: There were actually as many calls supporting the program as there were complaints, so it's not all bad
Quote by TommUK
my class watched an episode in sociology once, was great..partly because it's one of those comedies that's just wrong and no one else found it that funny..o well

My philosophy class watched it and we were in hysterics throughout.

Then again, due to personal complaints due to certain people being vulgar *cough* me and my mate *cough*, all conversations on paedophila, necrophilia and rape are banned
Quote by Dinkydaisy
It was broadcast in 2001. Got around 3000 complaints, IIRC.

It was the most complained show ever in TV History.

Guess what beat it?

Jade's 'racist' slurs on Big Brother.
It's strange that the same crowd of comedians/actors have made some of the U.K's best comedy shows. Take Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. It contains some of the same people that also starred in The I.T Crowd. Then the I.T Crowd has people from The Mighty Boosh and also Chris Morris in it. Then take Nathan Barley which has people from The Mighty Boosh, The I.T crowd and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Anyone else notice this pattern?
Quote by irnbrurules
It's strange that the same crowd of comedians/actors have made some of the U.K's best comedy shows. Take Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. It contains some of the same people that also starred in The I.T Crowd. Then the I.T Crowd has people from The Mighty Boosh and also Chris Morris in it. Then take Nathan Barley which has people from The Mighty Boosh, The I.T crowd and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Anyone else notice this pattern?

I didn't as the Mighty Boosh and The IT Crowd aren't funny
Quote by Craigo
I didn't as the Mighty Boosh and The IT Crowd aren't funny

The I.T Crowd is great.

Mighty Boosh not so much IMO
Quote by irnbrurules
The I.T Crowd is great.

Mighty Boosh not so much IMO

I watched both due to popular demand. I sat through a whole episode not laughing apart from the intro of the IT Crowd (the parody of the piracy ad) which I thought was brilliant. It got my hopes up, but I ended up being disappointed, wasn't fun.
Brass Eye and The Day Today rocks!!

One of my more obscure fave's was the episode on Decline, where they were following youths carrying out "Shop-bursting" (filling a shop full of rice and then pouring in water) and "Git-surfing" (piggy backing an adult and forcing them to run at "Leg break" speeds round the estate).
Quick Day today quote:
"Alan, you've either had a fight with a fire engine or it's raining it's arse off"
i don't give a **** about combat18
Quote by webbtje
Peter, you've lost the news!

Peter: I'm sorry.
Chris: I don't believe you! Look down at the floor and say you're sorry.
Peter: I'm sorry.
Chris: Peter, next time you're crossing the road, don't bother looking!
Peter: SORRY!
i don't give a **** about combat18
Quote by GnR_ROK

I hope DanRev sees this thread - his personal message below his username is one of my favourite Brass Eye phrases.

I've seen this thread. Your wish is fufilled.

Quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.
Quote by irnbrurules

Man to man with Dean Learner, the day today, the list goes on.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
The fact that anyone linked The Mighty Boosh to Brasseye is ridiculous.

Chris Morris and Charlie Brooker made Nathan Barley... a show taking the piss out of the constantly-quoting, trendy wankers that make up The Mighty Boosh's core demographic.
Quote by DanRev
The fact that anyone linked The Mighty Boosh to Brasseye is ridiculous.

Chris Morris and Charlie Brooker made Nathan Barley... a show taking the piss out of the constantly-quoting, trendy wankers that make up The Mighty Boosh's core demographic.

I'm only linking the actors/comedians that were in both shows. I'm not comparing them in quality as Brass Eye is surely the superior.
Most things involving Morris > all.

I enjoyed the first series of the IT crowd, at least.
Quote by Craigo
I watched both due to popular demand. I sat through a whole episode not laughing apart from the intro of the IT Crowd (the parody of the piracy ad) which I thought was brilliant. It got my hopes up, but I ended up being disappointed, wasn't fun.

I wasn't much of a fan of The IT Crowd when I first saw it, but when the second series came around I tried again with both seasons and loved it. Try it again sometime.

-Matthew Arnold