your guitars seem to sound a bit too dry, i'd apply a fair bit of reverb. the distortion could be toned down a bit (thats if it was me playing)
Quote by Hadeed
your guitars seem to sound a bit too dry, i'd apply a fair bit of reverb. the distortion could be toned down a bit (thats if it was me playing)

Yeah i totally agree with this.
Maybe some more volume on the bass as well. The guitars and the drums don't seem to blend so well, some reverb and maybe a short delay would solve this for sure.

But as for clarity, it sounds sweet, everything is real clear and crisp. Nice work.
Just work on the mixing a bit more
Liked it.

tight and I can ear everything. Nice solo ideas.

as far as the mix, just a bit to far, would benefit to be more "in your face"

Cool stuff.

DPC
now when you guys say stuff about the mix not being "in your face" or that it needs work or reverb or w/e what exactly do u mean. im curious as to how i could mix these songs better
March to War: i like the intro. i thought the distorted tone was really good. did you play the bass? if so, good job. i thought it could use some keyboards. the intro to the soloing was a bit awkward. the sweeps were all reall good.

domination. i like the intro. your palm mutes are really good. maybe we could collab some time. soloing in this was amazing! nice job

as far as vocals go, i use a sm57 microphone through a PODX3. i make sure i have enough highs/presence because i like the vocals to sound really crisp.

thanks for the crit man
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by jimmysaint
now when you guys say stuff about the mix not being "in your face" or that it needs work or reverb or w/e what exactly do u mean. im curious as to how i could mix these songs better

mostly need to work on the reverb of the guitar, it seems to be distant.
^^ i gotcha. I'll see what i can do with that. the only problem is.. pro tools doesnt have good reverb plug ins.. so i would have to re-record the whole thing and actually record with reverb. cuz d-verb blows lmao
Your guitar lines are a boring and dull but your drum lines are amazing. I hear all sorts of parts where I would insert lead guitar and solo over it.
I could do a live mix if you want me to show you what I am talking about?
Last edited by silentdud at Jun 14, 2008,
my plan is to put some lyrics in it, rather than leads... because ive alrdy over used and abused lead guitar stuff. the high tingly bits dont move me the way they used to. so im goin for a new approach.. hypno-chug rock. like metallica or the sword... not nearly as good or nothin.. but in that direction. so the next step is lyrics