heres a music video i made for my band's song 'real' it took me about 4 hours when i made it, but im gonna hav to redo it again coz its been re-recorded with a new vocalist (ul notice the singer and drummer in this are the same person)
WATCHIE!!!
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
you may be right, il re-post just in case
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by AfricaKorps
It sucks.

i like you
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Well that was just plain bad.

reasons? keep in mind its a rough job i did for a demo version of the song
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
reasons? keep in mind its a rough job i did for a demo version of the song

Well the recording of the song isn't the best it could and the video editing looks more like a home movie than anything else. Remember, just because you have the option to tint the screen colour, doesn't mean you should.
Funny words.
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
Well the recording of the song isn't the best it could and the video editing looks more like a home movie than anything else. Remember, just because you have the option to tint the screen colour, doesn't mean you should.

the song was a demo
and it was supposed to be that way, but whatever. I know what you mean though. It looks a lot better on my computer straight out of iMovie but when i uploaded to youtube it lost a LOT of quality
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

In the title, put the word 'crap' between Real and Music Video, and you might just be on to something.
Quote by druz15_UG
the song was a demo
and it was supposed to be that way, but whatever. I know what you mean though. It looks a lot better on my computer straight out of iMovie but when i uploaded to youtube it lost a LOT of quality

that's not the problem.

the problem is that the video itself is very, very boring. it's not creative or artistic at all, it's just color tinted shots of you guys playing and looking bored. It really takes away from the music.

Just because you can use iMovie doesn't mean you know **** about film.

EDIT: an example for an awesome NO BUDGET music video is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvPM9D4hws

you'll probably not like the music, but the thing is the way the music and the visuals work together. The music is very harsh, heavy an stuff, which is why you just need to move around a lot to make a video worth watching, just basic rocking out.

for a slow song, you're gonna need an idea to convey the emotions through the video. i don't know what the song is about, but i doubt it's about a bunch of dudes standing around playing in colored light or trying to provoke similar emotions.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 9, 2008,

well there goes my idea for our next video. Seriously, i was like, it would be funny if we had a video of me air guitaring on abus with all the passengers giving me queer looks and then the drummer air srumming in the middle of town then all of us walking around in public "air playing" the song and like shots of reactions of people looking at us
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

The video wasn't amazing...but I really liked the song. Anywhere I could get an mp3 version or something?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
The video wasn't amazing...but I really liked the song. Anywhere I could get an mp3 version or something?

um well we've rerecorded it how bout u PM me ur email or something (if you want) and il email it 2 u
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by Portuguese_boy
Why did you use the mirror effect?

wha?
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
wha?

You guys are obviously not left handed, you used the mirror effect to look like it
Really digged the song mate. Very chill.

but I agree with CoreysMonster

for a slow song, you're gonna need an idea to convey the emotions through the video. i don't know what the song is about, but i doubt it's about a bunch of dudes standing around playing in colored light or trying to provoke similar emotions.

Quote by Portuguese_boy
You guys are obviously not left handed, you used the mirror effect to look like it

Haha Yeah I noticed that too, because all the text on your shirts and on the wall are reversed.

Also you flipped your profile picture.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/druz15_UG/pictures/personal/260579/
I have that same pulp fiction poster and yours is reversed and so is the red hot chili peppers on your shirt.

Why do you do that? You think it's cooler to be left handed?
Last edited by Audio™ at Jun 10, 2008,
I thought I would just say that I posted in the thread he started in the R&R form.

I like the effort and thought that went into it but there are things he can improve...mostly in the production stages as well as post production.

Im very picky when it comes to videos being a TV major...
I enjoy seeing videos and making them as well however I can never come up with any great ideas........which is why im not going to be a Producer...
oh the left handed thing is coz it was recorded from the camera on my imac while each member recorded their parts for the song and it flips things automatically for some reason but you can't flip it back for videos only pictures
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals