At the moment I have a Peavey Triple XXX 40 watt combo, and ive been trying to get a tight chug tone out of it but its just not happening, the amp is too loose sounding as its full tube. Ive been looking into the Randall G3 series. They have a tube in the poweramp section. Now i know this amp wont sound anything like a full tube amp, but will it provide me with a decent tight metal tone? Im hoping the added tube makes the amp sound a little less sterile as solid states usually do, but I dont have any Randall dealers near me so I cant go and try one out. Can anyone give me feedback on the series? Im interested in the RG75G3 combo.

BTW I noticed Randall recently released the G3 plus series, and they say they have a redesigned preamp. Does anyone know how different they are to standard G3s?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Well, I'm currently using the RH150 head, it has a very nice metalsound, maybe a little to bass'y but I just equal that up with an EQ
Quote by Floptickle
Well, I'm currently using the RH150 head, it has a very nice metalsound, maybe a little to bass'y but I just equal that up with an EQ

Cool, dont suppose you have any sound clips of it in action?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
bump, anyone else got any feedback?
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Yup... I have the exact amp you are looking at. Randall RG75S G3. Great sounding for metal and like it was said above there's quite a bit of bass in it so I quite often EQ it out a touch. It sounds good for swept mids and fantastic for Lamb Of God styled mid crunch. Loud as hell so you won't be able to play it with the pre and power over a setting of 1 in an apartment. This amp for its price has a lot of balls.
Have you tried an OD up front? that should tighten everything up if your run it like this: level 10 gain 0
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Nostrildamus
Yup... I have the exact amp you are looking at. Randall RG75S G3. Great sounding for metal and like it was said above there's quite a bit of bass in it so I quite often EQ it out a touch. It sounds good for swept mids and fantastic for Lamb Of God styled mid crunch. Loud as hell so you won't be able to play it with the pre and power over a setting of 1 in an apartment. This amp for its price has a lot of balls.

Awesome bro thanks for your input, i have a ten band eq so i can eq out the bass if needed does the amp do a decent 'scooped mids' metal tone?

Quote by Kevin Saale
Have you tried an OD up front? that should tighten everything up if your run it like this: level 10 gain 0

Yeah, I use a boss metal zone up front and do just that, but its still loose sounding. I dont really like the bass on the amp anyway, its a bit fuzzy sounding, meh i just need something else lol, i think the randall is closest to what im wanting unless anyone has any other suggestions? I cant really afford anything over £350 - £400 so my choices are limited. Im just after a decent amp that can give me a tight heavy metal tone that doesnt sound tacky
Geets:
Dean ML79 w/ OFR
Dean Razorback V
Washburn 2ST Stealth

Amps
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Toneport GX

Pedals/effects
Boss MT-2
ISP Decimator
Last edited by serbusfish at Jun 9, 2008,