Ok now i know there have been allot of amp comparison and such. Ive looked up almost all the threads about em looking for an all tube around 800$ or so and none seem to be any good in their own way.

Valveking : Doesn't sound as good as other same priced amps.
Spider Valves : Apparently hybrids are nothing more than solid state sound with a tube for marketing ?
B-52 Amps : Nice amp if it weren't for the terrible reviews about it breaking within minutes of leaving the store with one.
Bugera Amps : Same thing as above I'm told.

Now hopefully there are other all tube amps that might be worth buying at that price.
I live in Canada so most of Ebay auctions don't ship here. I would have bought a used Peavey, Mesa or Marshall i guess.
If you have an idea, id be very interested in hearing it :P
If I'm out of options, I guess Id have no choice than to save up to reach the 1.5 k :\
Thx
where in Canada do you live?

because i cant sell you a really nice Laney amp for round $800

almost brand new (still has the tags and what not)

its sounds amazing
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
I can't advise you on the amps im afraid. What i can tell you is that the Spider Valve IS a tube amp, NOT a hybrid. It simply has modeeling onboard. Much like the Superchamp XD.

From what i hear, the Spider Valve isnt actually so bad. I believe the Tube part is made by Bugera actually.

Edit: No. Not bugera. BOGNER. Dammit.
Last edited by darthbuttchin at Jun 9, 2008,
Traynor YCV50 Blue...made in Canada.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by darthbuttchin
I can't advise you on the amps im afraid. What i can tell you is that the Spider Valve IS a tube amp, NOT a hybrid. It simply has modeeling onboard. Much like the Superchamp XD.

From what i hear, the Spider Valve isnt actually so bad. I believe the Tube part is made by Bugera actually.

If by Bugera you mean Bogner then yes.

About the reliability thing though: most of those reviews are isolated cases as far as I know; generally people only review things when they have either brilliant or atrocious things to say about the product so you should always take internet reviews with a pinch of salt.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by darthbuttchin

The tube section was designed by Bogner actually.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
For $800 you can get a pretty nice all tube open back Fender, they can get a huge range of sounds and are used by a lot of different artists. In my opinion Marshalls and what-not are okay but are kind of limited and only sound good when they are cranked, which you don't have to do on a Fender (For example a blues deluxe sounds really good at a moderate volume and when it is cranked), while Peaveys are only desirable because they copy the sound of other nice amplifiers. All I am saying is check out Fender before limiting your self to really loud and expensive amplifiers.
ONly bad thing about Bugera I have heard was a blown cap on HCAF. Then the rest is msot likely people assuming they aren't reliable because they are "made" by Behringer.

B-52s used to overheat, but AFAIK that problem has been solved. I wouldn't go for a valveking at that price and a SPider Valve MIGHT be good if you need really versatile. But for that price you could get a used JSX that is just as versatile and will sound much more awesome.
Orange!
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by Red_Hot_Fuzz
For $800 you can get a pretty nice all tube open back Fender, they can get a huge range of sounds and are used by a lot of different artists. In my opinion Marshalls and what-not are okay but are kind of limited and only sound good when they are cranked, which you don't have to do on a Fender (For example a blues deluxe sounds really good at a moderate volume and when it is cranked), while Peaveys are only desirable because they copy the sound of other nice amplifiers. All I am saying is check out Fender before limiting your self to really loud and expensive amplifiers.

......from my experience fenders dont get a huge range of sounds, supersonic being the exception of course (but that amp's got other problems)

imho and most people would agree, fenders cranked are nothing compared to a marshall, or most EL34 based amps

generally fender overdrive is pretty crappy although some people do love them,, but then again they are known for their clean tones not their "huge range of sounds"

If your all about cleans then, go fender, if you want some nice ods, get Laney (imo lany has the better cleans out of the 3), marshall or peavey classic

oh and also tube amps usually always sound better cranked, and marshalls peaveys etc. sound alrite at low to moderate volumes, just like how a fender soudns alrite at low volumes but it does not sound as good cranked as other amps

oh and what expensice amps do peavey try to emulate, just curious?
a lot of people compare amps with marshall and fender, but that doesnt mean a things

oh and about the spider valve, alot of people say its tube but think about it this way... Tube -into-digital, will sound digital why get all that nasty digital taste when you can just get it all tube?
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
Knock the Spider Valve of the list. I've played it, it sucks ass.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
The tube section was designed by Bogner actually.

Yh. Thats the one. Ooops. *facepalm*. The B's got mixed up in ones head.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Honeslty if you go used you would be able to blow all 4 of them out of the water...

Ding. Hit up Ebay and Craigslist.
Well thanks allot for the replies.

STriNG-RaY
If you could send me your laney's specs and maybe images to stillgrayap@gmail.com
id like to look into it. I live in Quebec \ Montreal.

Red_Hot_Fuzz
What amp exactly are you thinking of , fender has a bunch of amps allot are solid state with open back :\

Again i live in Canada so most of the interesting eBay auction won't ship to Canada T_T, Id probably buy a used if i could, Mesa Boogies look solid. What's Craigslist tho?
At first i was looking to buy an amp with no built in effects what so ever cause i have a few stomps i like allot ( Solid Metal 2x Tube Dist ftw) but then i never got the chance to compare the 2 side by side.
I play anything in the Rock- Metal department. AC DC to Arch Enemy to Muse. So yea, good amp for distortion and drive stuff.
Last edited by Mr.Pirate at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Traynor YCV50 Blue...made in Canada.

Here, here. Great amp, brilliant cleans, amazing crunch and lead sounds. Could probably do metal with an OD, though I haven't tried. It's got enough gain for thrash stuff on it own any ways. I probably would've gotten one if I wouldn't have found an F-30 for cheaper.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not