http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aluminium-Body-Guitar_W0QQitemZ250257105161QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hes asking 10 grand for it!

I quote "Im influenced by the best shredders such as Bryan Setzer"....what the hell!

Thats just ruined Parker gutiars for me!

/discuss
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
I wouldnt give him 10 grand for that guitar if he trhew in his sister too... Well, then again...
I'd say that price could be justified.

1. buying the aluminium
2. getting the aluminium to that shape, gaps and all
3. build quality.

if people can justify that much for a guitar made of wood, why not this one?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Its interesting reading the section where he describes the sound.
Looks hideous also imo

Sure its pretty unique though.
Last edited by Womage at Jun 9, 2008,
dude if i had the aluminum chunk witch would only be like 300 max i could make that at my old schools machine shop in 2 days buy a parker neck and a floyd and tuners it would probably be max 1500
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
It's hand made out of Aluminum and it's unique. Of course he's going to want an arm and a leg for it. People will usually sell custom built and restored products for more than their market value. It's their belief that the should get out what they put into it.

For instance, a restored 65 Ford Mustang has a market value of about $2,000. Most sellers will ask for $15,000 - $20,000 for it.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by selkies
dude if i had the aluminum chunk witch would only be like 300 max i could make that at my old schools machine shop in 2 days buy a parker neck and a floyd and tuners it would probably be max 1500

No you couldn't.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
No you couldn't.

Oh SNAP!
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
All that work and he puts EMG select pickups in it. The only expensive part of the whole thing is the aluminum. Question is will anybody buy it.
"buy this , and You will be the Fastest" wow this guys english is horrible.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Hey TS when you quote you are supposed to put what they actually said, he didn't say Brian Setzer was a shredder, he said "I have been influenced by Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Bryan Setzer and All the best shredders" Though he did spell Brian wrong :/ (Also Brian Setzer is better than all the shredders!!)
Yes

Quote by Tackleberry
All that work and he puts EMG select pickups in it. The only expensive part of the whole thing is the aluminum. Question is will anybody buy it.
Quote by selkies

300 for a chunk of special resonant aluminium?

plus the time and cost of machining it.

the machine alone will cost thousands.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Seller: 420jarda76( 0 )
Member: since 03-Apr-08 in Czech Republic

10 grand for a recently registered guy with no sales history.............
Quote by PCSpeaker
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aluminium-Body-Guitar_W0QQitemZ250257105161QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hes asking 10 grand for it!

I quote "Im influenced by the best shredders such as Bryan Setzer"....what the hell!

/discuss

Here's the actual quote: "All can I say is that I have been influenced by Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Bryan Setzer and All the best shredders"

There's nothing wrong with that.

Anyways, you'd be a fool to buy a guitar for that much money without testing it first, especially when the guy has no history and you've never played a guitar like it!
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by b2spirita

Exactly what I was thinking...Unfortunately I was about in his position...I lost my ass on that Roadking
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by b2spirita

seems to have fooled this lot

i think ill find some picture of some god awful looking guitar in the depths of the internet and try sell it for 10 grand. any takers?
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
seems to have fooled this lot

i think ill find some picture of some god awful looking guitar in the depths of the internet and try sell it for 10 grand. any takers?

serious buyers will want better pics yes, but the point I was debating was the price.

10 grand isn't completely unreasonable for a hand made guitar. never mind an aluminium guitar.

Quote by element4433
The biggest problem is going to be the complete lack of feedback as a seller. Not gonna be easy to find somebody willing to give 10k to somebody in a foreign country with no idea of what kind of seller he is. Its hard enough to sell with plenty of good feedback. A unique and custom guitar for that money is not outrageous IF this was his 100th guitar. He could be just really good with photo shop.
Quote by Tackleberry

the reasoning behind that was probably "if i put passives on it will take in the tone of the aluminum...dont want that...wait...emgs will most deffanitly still sound the same as on anything else, even on this aluminum!"
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Nevertheless, he does include a gig bag.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
£10k = $19.7k
And its butt-ugly.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Roots_radical
Hey TS when you quote you are supposed to put what they actually said, he didn't say Brian Setzer was a shredder, he said "I have been influenced by Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, Bryan Setzer and All the best shredders" Though he did spell Brian wrong :/ (Also Brian Setzer is better than all the shredders!!)

You are my new best friend.

The guitar looks cool, I guess. How much is that in USD? I'm too lazy to convert.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
A 10k guitar and it comes with a 20 dollar gigbag what a deal. He chose EMG selects as they are dirt cheap. The selects are 20 bucks for the single coils. Im thinking the exchange rate is 1.5 dollars to a british pound so about 15k. And why use the british pound why not euros. Not saying the pound isnt any good.
i think it looks damn sexy. 9,999, **** no. although I do understand WHY he would want to sell it for that much, its handmade, looks nice, and he wants what he put in for it. sadly, hes not a pro luthier (probably) and he's selling off ebay. nice try at trying to get the price you want.
It's worth what someone will pay for it. So far, $20,000 doesn't appear to be what people will pay for it.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.