i really want a single pickup guitar but i don t want to spend over $800
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Metal_Hed_23, will you marry me?

Quote by drewfromutah
If she takes her pill properly and you still pill out or use a condom, just quit having sex altogether. The damn pill was built so that you can ride bareback and film your own creampie movies afterwards.
Then you shouldn't have a problem - most guitars equipped with a single pickup are priced under $800.

We need a little more information on your preferences though...
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
i play mostly metal and hardish stuff
Quote by AtThisVelocity

Quote by drewfromutah
If she takes her pill properly and you still pill out or use a condom, just quit having sex altogether. The damn pill was built so that you can ride bareback and film your own creampie movies afterwards.
Quote by Metal_Hed_23
i play mostly metal and hardish stuff

perhaps not a tele then, hmm thats a tough on now that i consider it, i shall edit this soon
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Why do you want a single pickup guitar specifically?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i only use one anyway and thats just the sound i like
Quote by AtThisVelocity

Quote by drewfromutah
Avril lavigne tele xD maybe look into a charvel like mentioned above or some 80's kramer (hard to find) or those bc riches (gunslingers?)
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Metal_Hed_23

Well why not just get a decent guitar with two pickups and only use the one?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^ That's what I would say as most single pickup guitars that have a humbucker are crap, so if you're into metal get a two pickup one instead. But if you are desparate for a single pickup one, you should get something like a Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Quote by Metal_Hed_23

Just buy a two pickup guitar and don't use the neck pickup, it's not like it'll sound any different. That way when (not if, when) your tastes change you've still got that option. There's not really any money to be saved by specifically going for a single pickup guitar, on the contrary several of the single humbucker guitars are overpriced sig models.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

a les paul jr has 1
some teles have 1
and that alexi esp has 1
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Gretsch have a les paul style guitar with one pickup priced cheap, squier have many (hello kitty, avril etc), Ibanez have an RG with the Edge pro trem and one pickup (SD full shred), Charvel, Alexi ESP.

Look around there are loads, I'd go with a Charvel or the Ibanez though.
alrighty then thank you very much guys
Quote by AtThisVelocity

Quote by drewfromutah
You can get any guitar and just use some scissors and cut the strings and then they will all sound about the same.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1+ Black Cherry FMT
2008 American Standard Stratocaster Candy Cola

AMPS:
Fender G-DEC
Fender Dyna-touch III Stage 1000
Vox Valvetronix XL AD30VTXL

Pedals:
DOD Supradistortion FX-55B (w/ Boost)
a bc rich warlock exotic seires? or something like that. it has one bridge hum and a natural finish
The resonance and sustain of a one-pickup guitar is supposedly better than one with multiple pickups, and it makes sense, what with less wood being cut out of it and such.

Um, let's see....

-PRS SE One
-Fender Esquire reissue, modified with a Hot Rails pickup

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind, the modified Esquire being the better idea for the music you play.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Also, what anyone has failed to mention, is that when only ONE pickup is wired through all the electronics, that pickup shines. As in, if you play a guitar with only a EMG 81, crank the volume, you'll get MORE gain than with another pickup. Lower it, and you'll get MUCH better cleans than when there is another pickup installed.

I'm sorry, I really hate it when people say "Why get one pickup, two will sound just the same!". No, they won't.

/

TC, I think your best bet for a one pup guitar will probably be an older Chavel or Kramer. Otherwise, save up for an Alexi sig or Jackson RR24.
Quote by bi-ah!
some teles have 1

Esquires have 1, not Telecasters.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by edusty2010
Also, what anyone has failed to mention, is that when only ONE pickup is wired through all the electronics, that pickup shines. As in, if you play a guitar with only a EMG 81, crank the volume, you'll get MORE gain than with another pickup. Lower it, and you'll get MUCH better cleans than when there is another pickup installed.

I'm sorry, I really hate it when people say "Why get one pickup, two will sound just the same!". No, they won't.

/

TC, I think your best bet for a one pup guitar will probably be an older Chavel or Kramer. Otherwise, save up for an Alexi sig or Jackson RR24.

It'll sound the same.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Get a strat with a single pickup pickguard. HELLO KITTY pickguard should be perfect
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by steven seagull
It'll sound the same.

Genuinely depends. An Esquire doesn't sound the same because of the way they wire the pickup selector. They add resitors to it, I think, so that with one setting you get direct and the other two are altered, adding or removing bass or something. I only read about it once mind.

I too like the simplicity of single pickup guitars. The coolest one in my opinion is the Gibson SG Junior with the P90. So sexy.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Genuinely depends. An Esquire doesn't sound the same because of the way they wire the pickup selector. They add resitors to it, I think, so that with one setting you get direct and the other two are altered, adding or removing bass or something. I only read about it once mind.

I too like the simplicity of single pickup guitars. The coolest one in my opinion is the Gibson SG Junior with the P90. So sexy.

But that's one pickup with all kinds of options, if you just have one pickup and wire it the same as you would two pickups it should sound exactly the same.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
But that's one pickup with all kinds of options, if you just have one pickup and wire it the same as you would two pickups it should sound exactly the same.

Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. An Esquire will sound different to a Telecaster even with the same bridge pickup. You can give yourself new tonal options

I know that it probably won't really be noticeable, but you should also get more sustain as you haven't got a second pickup damping the string vibration. I know it'll be a small effect, but having only one pickup should equal more sustain. I guess this is nitpicking though haha.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay