Poll: Change or no change
Poll Options
View poll results: Change or no change
change
25 89%
no change
3 11%
Voters: 28.
show of hands for who thinks i should switch my marshall b30 (bitty expensive but not thaaaaat great) for an ashdown perfect ten
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Quote by higgins666

p.s. a poll could save you alot of reading

never made a poll, instructions please lol

edit: never mind lol
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
if you don't like the amp...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
if you don't like the amp...

no this is true, i just dont wanna end up with an even less nice amp, even tho im a bit of an ashdown ***** since tryin a MAG
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Jack, since playing through an ABM I fell in love with it.. To cut the story short. In two weeks I'm going out to purchase myself an Ashdown 300w MAG head and a 4x10" cab setting me back about £500 give or take £50.

But I say you should do it, if you've tried it and like it more than your marshall just get it and don't bother to listen to us.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by Rywad
Jack, since playing through an ABM I fell in love with it.. To cut the story short. In two weeks I'm going out to purchase myself an Ashdown 300w MAG head and a 4x10" cab setting me back about £500 give or take £50.

But I say you should do it, if you've tried it and like it more than your marshall just get it and don't bother to listen to us.

cool, btw ur the guy i commented on having no amp a few days ago..... now im going to bow down to u for ur choice of amp, id love to buy an amp like that but im at uni so loud = bad
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
That sucks so bad, well i do have like a 10w no branded amp that I kinda smashed the other week strangely it still works just has LOADS of exterior damage.

And yeah its the kinda position where you want a really big and loud amp but can't due to dorms and stuff. But I think i'd go with the ashdown if you like it more than your marshall.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

ya maybe get a slightly better ashdown hopefully by next christmas ill have enough money to get a mag or an abm "drools" stack. now thta would be nice
get a better ashdown. i had a five fifteen and it was nice before it blew

the perfect 10 is 30w, right?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Rywad

I don't know if you've tried out MAGs before or not, but just so you know MAG=/=ABM. The sound quality are vastly different. All I'm saying is don't judge the purchase of a MAG on an ABM.

For the question, I voted no. If you don't want to upgrade to something you could use in a band/gigging situation then keep the amp you have.
Jazz, yeah i've tried the MAG, i found it to be of lower quality to the ABM but I still found it to give me the right tone and stuff, also helps my budget
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

I'm a huge Ashdown ***** (I own an ABM and previously gigged with and EB) and I don't really think that their amps below the EB series are worth it, it won't really be an upgrade, you'll have a nicer tone but if I were you I'd look for something with a better tone, but also more power.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
The fact that the Perfect Ten is the only amp in your thread title means that is the one you want. Do you really need us to say "do it, man", especially when you don't think the Marshall is that great anyway?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Ashdowns are amazing, id say save up a bit more and get one in the EB series.
Quote by jb_reborn
Ashdowns are amazing, id say save up a bit more and get one in the EB series.

max is 30 watt unfortunatley
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Actually, you could just do what I do and play a larger amp with the volume down or with headphones. That way, you have the better tone of a more powerful amp for practising and the power should you ever get a gig.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Actually, you could just do what I do and play a larger amp with the volume down or with headphones. That way, you have the better tone of a more powerful amp for practising and the power should you ever get a gig.

yeah thats what i was thinkin with the ashdown with its extension speaker
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...