Equipment for a couple of more zeros than you ever will be able to afford...
Signature Strat with the scalloped frets, and some expensive vintage marshalls are the basics I think. Not sure though, not a huge fan of him.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
malmsteen uses the following pickups

(all dimarzio)

air classic bridge
air classic neck
dimarzio model J
dimarzio model P
YJM
HS-3
Quote by bass wizard
also... anyone know:

a) what does a scallpoed fretboard do?

b) what picks does he use?

Supposedly makes it easier to play faster and easier to control bends and vibrato, but opinions are divided over them
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by bass wizard
also... anyone know:

a) what does a scallpoed fretboard do?

b) what picks does he use?

a - A scalloped fretboard can make it easier to do large bends and control your vibrato more. Some people also claim that it can make you play faster by forcing you to control your fingers more because if you press to hard it can go sharp so you have to be very light with your touch, I don't believe it personally.

b - Picks really don't make a huge amount of difference to tone if you're playing distorted.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
lol i have no idea how he gets around to play with scalloped necks...wow...seems inhuman to play in scalloped necks.
Quote by TheRstar
lol i have no idea how he gets around to play with scalloped necks...wow...seems inhuman to play in scalloped necks.

I play a scalloped neck, its actually easier to play, less stress on my fingers
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
According to Yngwie the scalloped fretboard is harder to play fast, but it has excellent vibratos.
I heard that he uses two boss compression pedals and an NS-2.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Pancakes, lard, and other things that are GREAT to eat are necessary in order to unleash the fookin' fury.

Gosh, I love Yngwie.

Also, he uses a DOD YJM 308. He said in a recent guitar world that he has cut his rig back drastically.