If they're both made by Fender, it should be a perfect fit. Same scale, same neck pocket.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
they aren't the same neck pocket

teles have a square neck pocket

strats have a more rounded neck pocket.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
What you want to do is put a square peg in a round hole. The real kicker is the round peg will fit in the square hole.

You have three options. One is to modify the telecaster neck so it will fit, the second is to buy a neck with a strat heel and a tele headstock, and the third is to throw in the towel.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
A round peg may fit in a square hole but hes going the other way putting a square peg in a round hole. The tele neck with out mods would have the scale length off if put in as is. So you need to mod the body or the neck. Just need to decide if having the tele neck is that important.
A round peg may fit in a square hole but hes going the other way putting a square peg in a round hole. The tele neck with out mods would have the scale length off if put in as is. So you need to mod the body or the neck. Just need to decide if having the tele neck is that important.[/QUOTE]

for me it is, the Strat neck is decent but I love the feel of the Tele neck in my hand. I won't carve up the body of my Strat so I'll have to reshape the Tele neck. I don't know what I'm really doing but I figure I'll sand down the Tele neck so that is has a curved end similar to the Strat. Here's hoping for the best
You can just modify the neck pocket, just square it out. It is a bit risky so modifying the neck may be a better option.
Just make sure you only sand the corners and don't make the heel anyway shorter as it will mess up the scale length Rounding the corners is no biggie tbh
Quote by TomR
You can just modify the neck pocket, just square it out. It is a bit risky so modifying the neck may be a better option.
Just make sure you only sand the corners and don't make the heel anyway shorter as it will mess up the scale length Rounding the corners is no biggie tbh

Thanks so much for all your help. That goes for everyone too, I really appreciate everyone's input. I'm a little nervous about this but I imagine it can't be too hard
Just make sure you take care, obviously, the snugger the better. Its better if there are no spaces around the neck so even when its not screwed in, there will be no wobble.
Just take it slow and you should be okay. Could maybe make a cardboard cutout of the pocket and mark it out on the heel of the neck for accuracy.
my Strat is an amazing color, I love it so much. I definately want the body of my Strat. Plus, it has sentimental value
It Really isn't worth it. It takes a long time and a good eye and is so much more easy just to find a strat neck that you like, trust me, I have tried both ways.
Quote by LP Addict
its not worth it, if you are stupid about it, you could ruin the scale length, or put the neck on crooked, that would be funny.

on second thought, do it, and take pictures!

will do bro
I wanna thank everyone one more time. Because of your advice I was able to install the neck properly. The intonation and fit are perfect and the guitar plays like a dream. I'm one happy man tonight. I'd add pics but I see that you can only display photos from the internet and I don't feel like going to the trouble of uploading.

Peace