As per title, I'll be getting a laptop for college and then university. I'll still have my PC that I'm using, so all my songs and stuff will be stored here.

Stuff I'll Use It For:

- College coursework (Probably involving Microsoft Word, Power, Excel.)
- Simple web browsing and stuff.
- Probably some recording. Toneport GX + Shure PG48.

Price:

- I live in Malaysia, so I'll be paying a bomb in taxes and shipping... and then I'll get ripped off and charged even more. So something around $500 at most in your place.
Just want something affordable. I am NOT going to build it myself.

What I Think I Need:

- Windows XP
- 3 GB RAM (I can upgrade this later on, not an issue)
- About 200 GB ROM or so
- DVD burner would be a huge bonus, as long as it doesn't add too much to the cost.

Recommendations, please.
Is The Pit your personal shopper now?

Honestly you don't need that much RAM unless you're running Windows ****sta and 200gb HDD on a laptop is a rarity at best.

Treat a laptop like a woman, drop your standards and you got yourself a useful tool.
Last edited by TheLeviathan at Jun 9, 2008,
3GB Ram for word, recording and general surfing!?!?!?!

I have 1GB and it does fine.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Ya, 3Gb is just plain overkill....I would check newegg.com, they usually have cheaper prices, but i cant remember if they ship that far or not
Quote by masterk1818
I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen.

He just keeps thrusting

^Talking about his dog

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

^if you don't get it, search for Duel of the Farts
buy a macbook.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by big duck
buy a macbook.

. macbooks are wrong.

Thereagain, you can cook an egg on them if you get bored
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Drop your standards by 2 GB RAM, 80-120GB HD space and you might be able to find that.
Go to Low Yat, Acer is having a promotion. Quite a few awesome deals they have there.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
go for dell im using dell.no ACER please,ive not met someone who bought ACER and not hating them stupid products.