I am lookin for a bridge pick up and I was lookin on Seymour Duncan site and the DiMarzio site. to be honest I have no idea.

can somebody explain the meaning of DC Resistance,
resonant peak,
and on the DiMarzio site what the meaning
output is (bottom right).
http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/

I am just wondering how these things effect the sound of the pickup.
Quote by deaththrashcore
Actually, you could let her starve herself to death, then no matter what you do she won't complain. Necrophilia = the best kind of philia.

Only God can make a minor 2nd sound good.

Sick my Duck

Genius_92 AKA Ass Kicker
They really AREN'T a good indicator of how the pickup will sound.

The only things that MIGHT give you an indication of the pickup's tone would be the D.C. Resistance (gives you a guess in the output of the pickups, but the magnet's strength also affects this, if I'm not mistake) and the type of material the magnet is made of.
so what, I should match Alincio with alincio and ceramic with ceramic. And DC resistance with DC resistance
Quote by deaththrashcore
Actually, you could let her starve herself to death, then no matter what you do she won't complain. Necrophilia = the best kind of philia.

Sick my Duck

Genius_92 AKA Ass Kicker
Quote by forsaknazrael
Alnico. That's how ya spell it.

I don't understand what you're asking.
Here's the questions you SHOULD be answering:
What kind of tone do you want?
What kind of guitar is this going into?
What kind of amp do you have?

+1
The specs of a pickup aren't overly important, what is important is how they'll effect your final sound. Tell us your current rig, what it is you don't like about the tone ans people will throw some suggestions (which may or may not involve pickups...) your way.

and when did you change your avatar? I thought I was replying to a particularly wise noob
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ok. I like Steve Vai and Satriani and stuff like that. But I also like Hard Rock and Metal and stuff like that. I am puttin' a humbucker into a strat's Bridge. I was lookin at a DiMarzio Super Distortion, Evolution or a Seymour Duncan SH-15. The exsisting pick ups are hot Fender's

EDIT: also Breed, DiMarzio
Quote by deaththrashcore

Sick my Duck

Genius_92 AKA Ass Kicker
Last edited by Genius_92 at Jun 9, 2008,
Big influence is Gilbert but I don't wanna sound exactly like him when I crank up the distortion and switch to the Bridge pickup
Quote by deaththrashcore

Sick my Duck

Genius_92 AKA Ass Kicker
And what amp are you using? That's the most important factor.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Marshall TSL
Quote by deaththrashcore

Sick my Duck

Genius_92 AKA Ass Kicker
Quote by Genius_92
Marshall TSL

Ok, that's a pretty good start.

What is it you're looking for from your tone that you're not getting...describe it in terms of the sound itself rather than relating it to other artists. Do you want a warm or bright sound, soft or slow attack, midrangey, bassy or trebly etc?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc