Alright I have this acoustic guitar that I've had around for 2 years now but lately there's been a problem with it.
On the first string (e) when I pick on the 13th fret it sounds like the 14th fret! I have to push down real good to make it sound like normal 13th fret note otherwise it sounds like a buzzing 14h fret. My 14th fret note is fine. So any help?
No pokemon please.
Quote by 6cradle6of6filt
i had that problem i called a pokemon acoustic and it fainted wen i was in a fight...

dont step on metalduds turf only hes allowed to make pokemon comments

anyways i think it might be something with your frets (not sure tho) and you may have to get it refretted. that or your strings are not good anymore and may have to just buy new strings... anyways, hope you figure it out and get it fixxed
Quote by QuantumMechanix
did you try changing the strings?

Now that I think of it, I havent changed the strings in months. But this is the second time I've had the problem. The first time the problem just went away on it's own.
Quote by metaldud536
Alright I have this acoustic guitar that I've had around for 2 years now but lately there's been a problem with it.
On the first string (e) when I pick on the 13th fret it sounds like the 14th fret! I have to push down real good to make it sound like normal 13th fret note otherwise it sounds like a buzzing 14h fret. My 14th fret note is fine. So any help?
No pokemon please.

It seems like your 14th fret is kinda high in that spot, in a way, that when you press the string on the 13th fret, it rest on the 14th fret as well.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
maybe take it in to a luth probly the saddle and nut need work i mean its about time youve had it for 2 years now.