I like to play alot of instrumental rock (Satriani, Vai...),
some metal (Metallica, Dream theater...) but i'm also a big fan of blues (SRV...)

Which guitar would suit my style best?

I was thinking of buying an American HSS strat (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Series-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar?sku=515116)

But if you have any better suggestions please, do tell!!!
ESP Horizon
/thread
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
G&L Legacy. There is an hss version.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
Quote by iloveprog
I like to play alot of instrumental rock (Satriani, Vai...),
some metal (Metallica, Dream theater...) but i'm also a big fan of blues (SRV...)

Which guitar would suit my style best?

I was thinking of buying an American HSS strat (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Series-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar?sku=515116)

But if you have any better suggestions please, do tell!!!

good choice!
Thanks for the quick replies! To WtrPlyr, I have a (modded) peavey classic 30 tube amp.
Quote by WtrPlyr
An American strat indeed would be a good choice, but also look at Ibanez. The S series are very versatile and can handel metal and Vai but also Blues.

Also, what amp do you have?

+1 on the ibanezzezes
best signature ever
hmm...I really like the feel of ibanez S and rg series,
but how would they handle more bluesy/clean stuff?
Quote by iloveprog
hmm...I really like the feel of ibanez S and rg series,
but how would they handle more bluesy/clean stuff?

An S series would probably handle it better than an RG... especially if you put a more vintage- voiced single coil in the middle or neck.

What about getting an HSS Carvin of some sort?
I tried alot of guitars in a music store today, including the ones you guys suggested.

I also played a js1000 (Satriani signature) and really liked it,
(couldn't really hear it's tone, because the only amp they had was a crappy solid state)

but I hear alot of people talking how signature guitars are a waste of money and that you're only paying for the name. Does anyone have any experiences with this guitar?

And also please suggest some more guitars, I should try!