Today i had an orthodontist appointment like i do every month and a half or so, and this time they took an updated X-ray of my mouth for whatever reason and the doctor noticed that i have an extra set of wisdom teeth coming in behind the other wisdom teeth. He said it was a VERY rare occurrence and hes only seen it a couple times. All the nurses were like "oh my god i've never seen that in my life...".

He said that they wont be a problem until im like 18-20 years old but i've heard about how painful getting wisdom teeth taken out is and the doc was saying that because of how far back in the jaw they were, it would be pretty difficult to get to and that it could possibly hit some nerves that could make things very painful.

So in short, I have extra wisdom teeth coming in, does anyone else? Has anyone else had them removed? What pain do I have to look forward to?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I don't know if this'll help but I had 3 tooths (from the back of my jaw) removed.
I felt no pain because they used anaesthesia, I just heard some eerie cracking, but didn't feel anything.

You should ask for them to knock you out if you are really worried about pain
Congratulations, you have one more set of vestigial body parts than average.

You're twice the evolutionary bi-product than I am

There's a guy at my college who has an entire extra set of teeth behind his normal ones. No joke.

To add to it he has the social graces of a retarded lobotomised cockroach. He's quite creepy.
haha rizo. Well ive had teeth removed before and it was no problem that just knocked me out with some anesthesia. But the people whom ive talked to about wisdom teeth it seems like theyre in pain for like a week or so
I knew someone that had to go dentist to remove all of his teeth today And he was around 60 odd.
Damn, I'm missing a 2 pairs of teeth my mouth, the adult teeth just never formed. So im gonna need braces and maybe even headgear, because we just cant afford spending around £10,000 or something like that on implants and various other surgeries
yeah man i had the same problem with the extra wisdom teeth.... i had to have them took out because the dentist said if i didn't they would push my other teeth till they would start causing me pain...but it don't hurt ....your just really sick after the anaesthesia wears off........well i was anyways
that sucks gofer boy =(. For the longest time i had to wear a type of metal tooth because one of my teeth didnt form until way after it was supposed to so the tooth held the space so that the other teeth didnt move into it's space. It was pretty cool though...

Platinum: the doctor told me i had plenty of room but i guess they would still have to be removed? idk...
I don't have em and the dentist said I never will

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

I had my wisdom teeth taken out...its not that bad...its rather uncomfortable for a few days but well worth it
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I had braces for almost 4 years to straighten my teeth out, then my wisdom teeth started showing their ugly faces just to screw things up, so now i've been holding out to not getting them taken out, but I cant stand it now cause they've begun to hurt, and im getting them taken out next week.

Now about the extra set of wisdom teeth, i dont know. BUT my younger sister, had a somewhat similar problem. She didnt get an xray for some time, and then all of a sudden a second tooth started to come out from behind her incisor (aka front tooth) and it was really ****ed up, cause she had 2 of the same kind of tooth, one behind the other, so she looked like a sharks mouth. So my parents took her to the dentist, and the dentist said that it was a root, that had grown into a tooth, which is very rare but happens on occasion, and they just simply pulled it out, yea so to answer your question the body does a lot of weird ****.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I remember my wisdom teeth coming through about 3 weeks ago, it wasn't nice. All the gum and skin parts around the tooth and any part of the mouth (usually the inside cheek) in the vicinity become inflamed and amazingly sensitive. Not nice, and surprisingly painful. Take some painkillers though and it'll help. Oh and chew on the other side
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
IT DOESNT HURT AT ALL. i just had mine out like 2 weeks ago. the worst part is that its hard to eat crunchy food for the first couple days.
i see... well he said i wont have to worry about it til im 18-20, im 15 now so yeah...
haha yeah that stuff tastes disgusting... i havnt seen you around here much lately talia
Quote by rizo299

There's a guy at my college who has an entire extra set of teeth behind his normal ones. No joke.

To add to it he has the social graces of a retarded lobotomised cockroach. He's quite creepy.

I need to meet this guy.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.