Hey guys.

I'm in the process of recording some new works all by myself. I use my computer to produce drum tracks. However, there is one particular sound that I can't manage to generate.

I use the ride cymbal swell (rolling on the ride cymbal with a crescendo) a lot on my new works and I need an audio clip of it. Anyone has any idea where I can get this kind of thing? I don't have a drum set at home, by the way.

Edit: I have Fruity Loops, Cakewalk Sonar 3, and Sibelius 4. I'm in the process of getting Acoustica Beatcraft.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jun 9, 2008,
does your recording software had a fade in effect? you could have a bunch of rapid ride hits and fade it in to give a similar effect. other than that, i dont know.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
does your recording software had a fade in effect? you could have a bunch of rapid ride hits and fade it in to give a similar effect. other than that, i dont know.

It would sound really choppy and awkward if I did it that way.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
it works. i do it with modplug alot.. in conjunction with the volume swelling you need to set your hits to fade whenever a new note hits rather than cut.

it sounds very natural. (for a drum program)

i should also mention that with a pre-sampled roll, you won't really be able to have any control over its sense of timing.. if its too long or too short.. you're hooped :P
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
it works. i do it with modplug alot.. in conjunction with the volume swelling you need to set your hits to fade whenever a new note hits rather than cut.

it sounds very natural. (for a drum program)

i should also mention that with a pre-sampled roll, you won't really be able to have any control over its sense of timing.. if its too long or too short.. you're hooped :P

hmm, okay. i guess i'll give it a try.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It would also help to set the velocity to change on the hits, starting at very little and working your way up.

I know one of the kits in an Apple Jam Pack has a swell ride sample in the kit, but I don't think that will help you.
Well, I tried this method but it didn't give me the exact effect that I wanted.

However, I've managed to find some decent sample clips of ride swells and I just paste those on cue.

Thanks anyways guys.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana