this is vague, i know: new amp (my first) sputters and fades in and out. really frustrating, esp when it happens 3 secs after i begin playing. was hoping someone could help me with a diagnosis.
Quote by tcos
this is vague, i know: new amp (my first) sputters and fades in and out. really frustrating, esp when it happens 3 secs after i begin playing. was hoping someone could help me with a diagnosis.

Tube or SS?

A better description would be useful too
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
could be a bad input
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
that was fast. hehe, i just read a thread about this, i cringe as a i type. line 6 spider 3 combo, 30W
Well, I'd probably go with what the other guy said. Check your leads, move some stuff about, the sputtering implies a bad connection somewhere.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Led: could be, it happens if i move around. but it just came out of the package
Then it's most probably the lead.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
check your cables also...and if you have effect pedals, run your guitar straight to the amp to make sure its not one of them.
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
when i have had input problems in the past i would turn the volume up and it would get to a point where it gets to loud and then the signal dies. Eventually it got bad enough where it would not work on low volume either. So it probably is some type of connection problem...

Is it under warranty? You said it was new correct?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
That sucks, you got a spider. I say take and back and get a different amp, it's not too late for you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
what's wrong with the spider? i was told to get a combo, and its got a decent set of effects for cheap. I think it's the cable but I'll find out for sure tomorrow.
Quote by tcos
what's wrong with the spider? i was told to get a combo, and its got a decent set of effects for cheap. I think it's the cable but I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

It isn't particularly terrible if you've only been playin for a bit (I bought one when I started.), but there are better options. They are highly unreliable (Mine died before a year, and I'm not the only person to ever have this happen to one.), they don't sound particularly good for a modeler (Cubes and Vavotronics {or however it is spelled.} are a better value.), and it just isn't a great buy in the long run.
Trust me, you'd rather have a giant rack of pedals than the Spider III.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
Trust me, you'd rather have a giant rack of pedals than the Spider III.

Or boobs.

Really, TS, get a new cable, yours sounds shot.
VS guy: a year's more than enough time (no warranty). For those who care, problem solved (cable), and thanks to those who helped.