Hooray! I got a job interview for gamestation, which could possibly be the best (geekiest) summer job ever. I handed my cv and letter in today, and the guy called me half an hour later telling me to come in thursday morning. He said interviews were in half hours from half 9 to half 12, so there's 5 other people trying to steal my job!

Anyone got any tips on how to get the job? Anyone worked in a videogame store before?
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
One of my friends works at a gamestation, though all he'd ever said was something to do with them asking "what is your favourite game character".. if you say silly stuff like "cloud from final fantasy" or "mario" they give you less of a chance or something, though that might be due to his manager being crazy. :P

Apart from that though, tell them that (assuming you do) you keep up to date with gaming news, have a strong interest in gaming, etc etc. They won't hire anyone who's not fully into it, as obvious as that sounds.
When 'selling yourself', as it were, try to keep an equal balance between an enthusiasm for gaming and a positive attitude to working, being flexible etc.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
Anyone got any tips on how to get the job? Anyone worked in a videogame store before?

hmmmm BJs anyone??
Sig.

After "bio class" did you and your classmates organize a "Celebrity Skateboard Tournament" to save your beloved "Rec Center" where "Coach Anderson" taught you how to become men?
GOOD luck sir, I'm also applying for a job a a local gamestop(U.S). Its going to be my summer job but im definitely gonna keep it even when school starts for me, if I do get hired.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Prepare to take a lot of **** from grumpy gamers

Maybe even get calls about a new Battletoads game... I think that was only Gamestop though..
Oh you lucky twat, I applied there at Christmas but got no reply. Like every place I apply to

But I can only imagine you need the basic job getting tips. Say you're not sure about university, that you're flexible, and be sure to work your interest in gaming into the interview.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.