My band has (currently) has a rhythm guitarist, lead guitarist, and a drummer.
I'm the lead guitarist, and also write most of the music (well, both guitar parts and bass).
However, our Rhythm Guitarist has asked how I write decent sounding music, and how it all fits together (harmony).
I told him that it mostly comes from playing randomly and getting a good lead riff, then inputing the lead riff into guitar pro and working out the other parts from there.
He has accquired a copy of guitar pro now, but refuses to learn any Theory more than "Major chords sound happy, Minor sound sad".

How do you think i should coax him into learning some theory, because he also says " i Dont know where to start", and complains that I "got taught it all at school"
get him drunk and make him think it was his idea...alaways works with my bassist
Get him to read the articles and stuff on theory here on UG or something.

I'm pretty lucky, cause my rhythm guitarist knows more theory than I do.
He doesn't bother to really write anything though, so I just consult him whenever I've got a problem working on something.
Theory is difficult to just jump into. Though werent there like 5-10 lessons on gere made for people like him, that go into slightly more complex theory each lesson. Also you should just tell him that if he comes up with just the rhythm you can do the lead(shouldnt be hard at all on your part).
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Quote by Orethor
get him drunk and make him think it was his idea...alaways works with my bassist

That **** pissed me off, in my old band we would always get baked before practice when the drummer wasnt there and i would come up with something sick, but my bassist would say "dude, no, that sucks". then next practice i would come back and he would play what i played except on bass. and say "Isnt that sweet, i just made it up the other day". It was bs, and wasted my time so i quit. Now "his" band sucks.
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Quote by Orethor
get him drunk and make him think it was his idea...always works with my bassist

That would work...If it werent for he's only 15
Why do you need to coax him into learning theory? It's not your job to teach him theory or convince him into learning it. That should be his own decision. Furthermore, he doesn't need to learn theory because it's not required for songwriting. Though of course it would help.

Point him to some resources such as books and internet articles to encourage him. If he doesn't pick it up it's not your problem.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.