Like the title suggests, I have a stripped allen wrench bolt on my guitar, meaning I can't adjust the action on the treble side. This is an issue due to the fact that I would like to adjust the action on the treble side. Are there any DIY ways to fix a stripped allen wrench bolt?
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Buy a new one, they're not expensive.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
All I can think (if you can't get it out) is stick some strong superglue in there, put the allen key in, and wait for it to dry, then try and take it out.
I assume this is a Strat-style bridge. If a portion of the threading is sticking out from the bottom or top of the saddle, you might be able to grab it with a set of needle-nose pliers and turn it out. You could also try the solution above, although you might be able to get away with just a toothpick and epoxy. If not, you might have to drill out the screw.
Hi, I'm Peter
the best way to get a stripped head bolt out is to heat it up so that it expands and then put your allen wrench in, but we do that on trucks, it might wreak your guitar finish. What you could try is if it is a metric head allen key, hammer in a size that is just slightly larger in imperial keys, or vice versa. the other thing you can do is put a little penetrating fluid (wd-40) in down the threads, drill a small hope in the middle of the bolt with a hand drill and then use what's called an easy out (you can pick one up at an auto parts store, it's basically a tapered square shaft that is made of high carbon steel) and tap in the hole and then use a cresent wrench to spin it out. Don't jerk the cresent wrench though, because you'll snap it and then your in trouble.
Quote by filthandfury
All I can think (if you can't get it out) is stick some strong superglue in there, put the allen key in, and wait for it to dry, then try and take it out.

exactly what I wa going to say, then just replace it
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by cowboy_bill
the best way to get a stripped head bolt out is to heat it up so that it expands and then put your allen wrench in, but we do that on trucks, it might wreak your guitar finish. What you could try is if it is a metric head allen key, hammer in a size that is just slightly larger in imperial keys, or vice versa. the other thing you can do is put a little penetrating fluid (wd-40) in down the threads, drill a small hope in the middle of the bolt with a hand drill and then use what's called an easy out (you can pick one up at an auto parts store, it's basically a tapered square shaft that is made of high carbon steel) and tap in the hole and then use a cresent wrench to spin it out. Don't jerk the cresent wrench though, because you'll snap it and then your in trouble.

You clearly work on trucks and not guitars. Do you know how small this bolt it? Good luck drilling on it .
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Thanks for all the responses. It's actually on one of the knife edjes on my LFR. I was going to do a bit of work on the action and neck of my guitar tonight, and put a little blog about it on here, and then I realized my parents have the camera and won't be back till later. I was going to mess with the action and intonation now, but then I realized the treble-side bolt was stripped.

Well it looks like my 2 best bets are putting the wrench in there with super glue, or hammering in a similarly sized imperial allen wrench (the hole is metric). If I go with the super glue way, will I be able to get away with not replacing the bolt right away, or will the super glue snap out when i try to take out the wrench? Also, how hard would it be to hammer in a very slightly bigger wrench?
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Even simpler: Find a selection of flat bladed screwdrivers of varying sizes, chances are one will fit in the allen screwhead corner to corner (if that makes sense). I've used this for bridge screws, bridge posts etc with stripped heads.

SH
Quote by SmellyHarold
Even simpler: Find a selection of flat bladed screwdrivers of varying sizes, chances are one will fit in the allen screwhead corner to corner (if that makes sense). I've used this for bridge screws, bridge posts etc with stripped heads.

SH

On a guitar, this'd be the best method really.