I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, but...
I want to learn how to play without needing the inlay dots (save for the 12th fret), so I lossened my strings and placed blue painter's tape over all of the frets except for the 1st and 12th. Does this sound like an okay idea? I can always take it off, it's just painter's tape, it's supposed to come off easily.
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
I know, but I'm just learning, and once I get good with it I'm going to peel it off. I barely play with it plugged in anyway.
Newbs are dorks... oh wait, I'm a newb... shoot...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!! I DRINK IT UP!!!

One of these smilies is mentally challenged
sounds okay, I guess..

but why would you want to learn that? since most guitars have inlays anyway
You like it
Some of the adhesive might not come off, and that would be sticky and gross stuff on your fingerboard. Might not happen but it would be really bad if it did.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
That's a retarded idea. Nobody looks at the dots anyway, when you're playing you use the side dots. If really you want to play without looking then just stop looking.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
that will kill your tone
and its gonna leave sticky stuff all over your guitar
just close your eyes when you play? you guys make things out to be way more complicated than they really are...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.