Is it possible to get tones like this one in the vid with a SS amp? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tflzC5-5eaU. Tubes will be too expensive for me and i cant open up the volume at my house anyway so i will go with SS. I heard that ss might be better if you need high distortion so help me. I have a roland micro cube and its not enough should i go with a cube 30x or a ss amp and distortion pedal or any other suggestions please need help
Quote by HIM%(^
i wasn't aware that the nazi's produced amplifiers. are they good?

You, sir, are useless.

@Blind.guardian
If it's a tube, it can prolly get those tones.
you can get a solid state amp, but I wouldn't sugest it. If you absolutely HAVE to have one, then a small Line 6 or Vox may do the trick.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
Yea i know tubes are good but really i dont think i can pay that much and open the volume cos i cant even turn my micro cube's volume a lot.=) so i will HAVE to go SS
Either a Roland Cube or a Vox Valvetronix will give you that tone (or the closest you can get for under 200 dollars)
Quote by blind.quardian
Yea i know tubes are good but really i dont think i can pay that much and open the volume cos i cant even turn my micro cube's volume a lot.=) so i will HAVE to go SS

That amp he was playing goes new for like $500 i think, possibly a little more.
Everyone thinks that you can't play quietly with tube amps but really you can.
My 60 watt 5150 can be just as quiet as my spider II and it does still sound better.
With high gain amps, most of your tone and distortion comes from the preamp.
Sure, it sounds better when you put it at 3-4, but not leaps and bounds better.
For metal you don't need power tube saturation most of the time.
Just get an amp you like, don't worry about volume.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
You sure about this cos if its true i will save and buy that Randall... but if you can just compare it with a spider at lower volumes then its not worth it.
For high gain stuff power tube saturation is unimportant like Mikey said, that's why they tend to be higher wattage.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
So a Randall RG50TC would be good for home usage? cos i can open my roland micro cube only 3 ticks bit above the minimum volume=)
Quote by blind.quardian
So a Randall RG50TC would be good for home usage? cos i can open my roland micro cube only 3 ticks bit above the minimum volume=)

It depends on how it behaves at low volumes thats why its best to test one out. I know every amp i have tested has been decent at low volumes. Only one's that weren't as decent as the rest where the Mesa Recto's they really like to be cranked...
Can we get a Melodic Death Metal tone out of roland cube 30x? cos i would really want to play some in flames and also at the gates and dark tranquility have good solo tones... will i be able to reach that tone with a roland cube 30x?