Hey guys. I've been a long time visitor on this site, but this is my first time posting. I have the oppurtunity to buy a Peavey Transtube 212 or a Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 for $150 each. I was wondering what do you guys think is the better all around amp? I do not gig, so this would be strictly for home practice.

I play mostly Metallica, Children or Bodom, Zeppelin, Eric Johnson, AC/DC, and GNR. I am also running an ESP Eclipse II with EMG 60/81s.

Also, the Stereo Chorus does not include a footswitch. Not sure if I really care though.

So in your opinions, which would you pick up? I'm looking for the amp that would relativly sound better overall.
welcome and sorry you havn't got an answer yet so if anything this is a bump for ya.

i have not played either but looked at the transtube originally and then decided against getting a hybrid amp. is the Stereo Chorus tube or solid state or a mix (hybrid)?

at $150 i am assuming they are used? I guess the Transtube but i'm really only guessing. What about something like a Roland Cube 60?

good luck
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
welcome and sorry you havn't got an answer yet so if anything this is a bump for ya.

i have not played either but looked at the transtube originally and then decided against getting a hybrid amp.

I've got a transtube 110 and it's pretty good for an SS amp. It is not hybrid. There are no tubes involved.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
i stand corrected. for some reason i got it stuck in my head that Transtube means it has at least one tube ie hybrid.

frickin marketing...i'll shut up now on Transtube.

do you (or anyone else) have a recommendation tho?

hellrazzer - i think you need to revise your list possibly.
what is your budget?
new or used?
home or gig?
blah ba blah
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

hellrazzer - i think you need to revise your list possibly.
what is your budget?
new or used?
home or gig?
blah ba blah

Thank you for the welcoming 311ZOSOVHJH.

Anyways, My budget was around $200 and I was looking at the used market. This amp will be probably for my bedroom and practice. I have a crate Halfstack(SS, pretty bad I might add), but its just too big for my bedroom and I'd rather leave it at my Friend's Garage where we Jam. I'm mainly fed up with the size and the sound quality, as it just doesn't have the punch I want. I alway's liked the Peavey Crunch, so that's why I am trying to get one.

The Transtube and the Stereo Chorus are both SS used amps. I did some research and realized the Stereo Chorus wasn't the amp I was looking for. However; I now shifted my focus to a Peavey XXL 212 Combo (its a SS also, but supposedly a beast). I found one used and in great condition for $250. I'm thinking of picking it up soon.

Most reviews of the XXL are solid. Anyone have any comment on them?