I WANT!!!!

It's ****in' awesome!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
I'm watching it now.

It's cool they've got Lou Reed trying out, considering he made a whole album of feedback loops

EDIT: Dang, I want that guitar, but in reality it's just a guitar with controllable sustain system. But in regards to "synth" guitars, that appeals to me more than a Roland synth.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Last edited by Pure_Morning at Jun 9, 2008,
Wat's the ****in point? If all your guitar does is play like this, who ****in cares? Yeah, I know that few guitars do this, but so ****in wat?!!

Can this guitar actually sound like a guitar sposed to?
I saw this on Harmony-Central. It looks wayyyyyyyyy awesome. Moog continues to entertain me.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by Metallist65

Yes, it said during the video, at a flick of a switch you can change between "normal" and "sustain".

I think MOOG would of had to of done that. If they hadn't, it'd just be a gimmicky guitar (which people would still buy ).
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
I'm not sure if I like it or not. The sustain is amazing, but it seems so unnatural.
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
i WANT one..but i do not want to pay the probable ludicris price it will go for. i dont see those selling to much because they are VERY one dimensional in what they can do...which is ironic...
I'd buy one if I had the money.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
I can see why people would like it and why it's impressive and all that but it's just not for me; I'd rather get a synth player to do all that stuff so I can go crazy with guitar-like sounds rather than trying to make my guitar sound like...not a guitar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Massively impressive. I imagine that a prog influenced band could go crazy with a guitar like that
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
We've had sustainer guitars before. It does have a mute setting, which is kinda cool. It seems like a good guitar. Still, if I were Moog and going for that sort of thing, I'd just redo the synthaxe. Real, controlled tremolo and other cool bean stuff.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Last edited by Free to Guitar at Jun 9, 2008,
I would get that guitar, install a roland synth pickup and have a great pedalboard, and have infinite possibilities
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I can see why people would like it and why it's impressive and all that but it's just not for me; I'd rather get a synth player to do all that stuff so I can go crazy with guitar-like sounds rather than trying to make my guitar sound like...not a guitar.

But the thing is, it can do things synths can't. It doesn't even sound like a synth; it sounds like a Fernandes Sustainer on meth, combined with a muting thing. It can also do regular guitar sounds, too.

I've always hated the fact that we guitarists are so goddamn conservative when it comes to our instruments. Look at bassists: they've got ergonomic body shapes, active electronics, revolutionary materials like Luthite, and tons of extra strings and frets, while we sit around on our asses cursing new technology because it "doesn't sound right." If it weren't for some of us, I bet we'd have a solid-state amp that blew the roof off tube amps.
Quote by Holy Katana
But the thing is, it can do things synths can't. It doesn't even sound like a synth; it sounds like a Fernandes Sustainer on meth, combined with a muting thing. It can also do regular guitar sounds, too.

I've always hated the fact that we guitarists are so goddamn conservative when it comes to our instruments. Look at bassists: they've got ergonomic body shapes, active electronics, revolutionary materials like Luthite, and tons of extra strings and frets, while we sit around on our asses cursing new technology because it "doesn't sound right." If it weren't for some of us, I bet we'd have a solid-state amp that blew the roof off tube amps.

No, I mean; I can see why other people like it but it's just not for me, I don't really like the sounds because I like to hear attack and vibrato and natural decay on a note with large amounts of gain; I'm not against progress at all.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The SynthAxe is still cooler, in a geeky, unobtainable way.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, I mean; I can see why other people like it but it's just not for me, I don't really like the sounds because I like to hear attack and vibrato and natural decay on a note with large amounts of gain; I'm not against progress at all.

That mini-rant wasn't really directed at you; it was directed at the reactionist idiots that plague this entire community. But whatever, they can continue playing their outdated gear made with 1950s technology, while I continue to experiment with new sounds and new technology.
Quote by Metallist65
Wat's the ****in point? If all your guitar does is play like this, who ****in cares? Yeah, I know that few guitars do this, but so ****in wat?!!

Sir, your excessive profanity and lack of grammar impresses me greatly. Well done.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Metallist65

Here's the nephew of someone who works for Moog playing some metal on the guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=057v1NnXe1U

So, yes, it sounds "like a guitar sposed to."
Aparently the kid has been playing for about a year and a half...

Damn.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay