Well pleease don't flame,argue or write gibberish,i really need help cause in the next 15 hours is my final exam in German and i have...hmm...170 words to learn,7 stories to learn how to retell and the whole grammar...yeah sucks to be me...but I've packed myself with 4 red bulls,vitamin C,coffee bonbons and 3 liters of water...that should get me through the next 15 hours of straight studying...read-No sleep what-so-ever

Anyways...i need to learn how to make perfekt with verbs Haben und sein...

man I'm desperate...if you could be of any assistance I'd appreciate it and I mean to you Germans it's a piece of cake...yeah i can teach you how to swear in Croatian in return....not that i would do that i Deutscheland...Lots of Croatians :/
past tense...as far as i know we only made it using haben and sein...but i don't know much and have no idea if there's another way...but anyways we did it with those two verbs...so that's what i need
Last edited by Azrael_031 at Jun 9, 2008,
u probably mean you need to be able to do this:
I habe [.....]
Ich bin [.....]

its basicly saying that you have done something
example: ich habe gegessen

solved your question
???
I'm German...but lazy...cya
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
wir haben das nicht gewüst! just say that to a german , he'll know what you mean
all i can say is:
you should've paid attention in class.
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X
Quote by toine
wir haben das nicht gewüst! just say that to a german , he'll know what you mean

yeah but i kinda knew about it from the first of may so...that's not a good excuse
Look man just give up no point wasting time that could be spent relaxing just give up!!
Quote by HEXAGRAM66
Look man just give up no point wasting time that could be spent relaxing just give up!!

yeah I'd rather not be a smart pu**y...a dumb f*ck is much more appropriate right now...and hey Mensa says 147...so I've gotta try

EDIT:Lose my nerves...or that bit of self esteem i have...what do you think...
Quote by Azrael_031
past tense...as far as i know we only made it using haben and sein...but i don't know much and have no idea if there's another way...but anyways we did it with those two verbs...so that's what i need

I think it goes like this. It's been like 6 months since we did this stuff in meine Deutche Klasse.

For sein, the past tense conjugation would be:

Ich war
Du warst
er/sie/es war
Wir waren
Sie waren

For haben, it'd be:
Ich hatte
Du hattest
er/sie/es hatte
Wir hatten
Sie hatten

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
^thanks man...if i pass the damn subject....you get a respect sig from me

EDITh yeah i did this same thing with Latin...well only I got two hours of sleep

EDIT2:FaF seems to me you've kinda missed Ihr...but I'd guess it's the same as Du since it's like that in present
Last edited by Azrael_031 at Jun 9, 2008,
Ihr hattet
Ihr wart

Should be pretty much like that. My teacher never made us use ihr, so I left it out.
You need serious help, so what is the best thing to do?

Ask the pit!

xD
/CENTER]
well look i can easily get to the pit which has a widespread variety of users,5% of them is sane and have vast knowledge in linguistics so...

and registering on a linguistic forum would be to much of a hassle and an utter waste of time so...yeah i come up with this...but for examples and dictionary...google translate!
Quote by Firzen_Zero
May I ask why?

No idea. She never incorporated any usage of ihr into her lesson plans aside from maybe a week or two out of the whole school year.
I can tell you to switch you pc off and get learning

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by FireandFlames
I think it goes like this. It's been like 6 months since we did this stuff in meine Deutche Klasse.

Ich war
Du warst
er/sie/es war
Wir waren
Sie waren

For haben, it'd be:
Ich hatte
Du hattest
er/sie/es hatte
Wir hatten
Sie hatten

Wrong

That's pluperfect, which is like "i had eaten' or 'I had played' etc etc

For perfect "I (have) eaten" or "I (have) gone)" it would be:
Ich habe gegessen
Ich bin gegangen

The majority of verbs use haben, but any verbs of motion (gehen, fahren, bleiben etc etc) use sein
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
if i remember correctly (and i should ive just done my big writing exam) Ich Bin is used when you are moving or going somewhere. Zum Beispiel, I went to the cinema, Ich bin in der Kino gegangen.

Ich habe is used for everything else. Zum Beispiel, I listened to music, Ich habe music gehort.

I hope thats right.
Haben- Ich habe... gehabt.
Sein- Ich bin... gewesen.

There they are in perfekt.

Edit: I reread your post.

Sein is used when you are changing positions, like walking, going, etc.
Haben is used any other time.

2Edit:Or what the guy above me said.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Last edited by spartan 118 at Jun 9, 2008,
nah I'm not turning off the PC,i have a friend who's really into German,i think she was like the 3rd in the contest or somethin'...she's helping me out...and I'm using babelfish and google to help me out with some words but i always double check it
I DID IT...I NAILED IT!

i got a a C and a D,....man i slept for 3 hours woke up feeling like a zombie but it was worth it

I believe i owe someone a respect banner...though you told me the wrong thing...but you know your intention was right =)
Hodam,a stojim...
Quote by motley08
ich bin will. ich gehe in die disco, das war sehr toll ! ! !

Warum? Hast du viele getrunket?

Was that right?
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by FireandFlames

Ich war
Du warst
er/sie/es war
Wir waren
Sie waren

For haben, it'd be:
Ich hatte
Du hattest
er/sie/es hatte
Wir hatten
Sie hatten

Thats the imperfect tense.

I believe TS is looking for perfect tense

which is formed with *subject* *form of habe or sein* *details* *past participle (past participles are the ones which usually start with ge-)*

Ich habe
Du hast
er/sie/es hat
wir haben
ihr habt
Sie haben

Ich bin
Du bist
Er/sie/es ist
wir sind
ihr seid
Sie sind

I cant remember the exact rule on when to use habe or sein but a dumbed down version is use 'sein' when you're travelling somewhere

Ich habe tennis gespielt

Ich bin nach Spanien geflogen

edit: A day too late i guess. Bugger.