Ok, I've been avoiding these sections (acoustic, electic & gear) for a couple months now 'cause I know I'll get GAS and end up spending a lot of money on something I don't really need.

So, at the moment I'm not really feeling the love for my EC-1000. It's a great guitar, lovely to play and all but it just isn't "me", you know? I've been thinking about selling it and buying some other used guitar. At the moment the only one that really interests me is the Gibson SG Standard. I used to hate the SG for it's looks but it grew on me and now I like it. The tone should be right in the ballpark of what I'm after (that would be rock, all around) but is it worth it? Are there better options out there? Am I just being too picky?
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
i think you should buy a strat... and then you can get a cheep multi effects pedal like my (im not saying buy it from me) Korg Ax3g (this was 50 buckss!!!) then you can go crazy, you can do acoustic things while having an electric guitar, and there are many more possibility... But keep that guitar, if one guitar breaks you can not go to the shop for a longer time cause you got the second guitar
Gear:
Squire Hot Rails Stratocaster
Dean MXL (for Sale)
Marshall DFX 100 Amp
Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal
Vox Wah
Korg AX3G

Soloist Build!!
Rock. Anything from Foo Fighters to Zeppelin to ZZ Top, AC/DC, Metallica, RATM and so on.

To the above poster, I already have a strat.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
sg would be fine...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
SG would rock for you listed man, only thing is they have a heavy neck, so when your strapped up rocking out the neck tends to drop, takes a little getting used to, but other than that man, awesome.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
I usually play sitting down so that wouldn't be a problem.
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28
So, what other rock guitars are there around the 1000€ price tag that I should consider? How about the PRS SE series?
Dancing in the moonlight

Martin D-28