This past few days I've seen some odd things. Chipmunks chasing squirrels twice its size, thunderstorms that looked like strobe lights and a little wandering dog that stopped by our house. I've even seen turtles crossing the highway just up the street from me.

Today though I saw something I'd never expect to see. Today, turtles decided to lay their eggs on my front yard.

We recently moved into a new house, and the entire front yard is sand, much like a beach, and just across from us is a pond, which I'm guessing is where the turtles reside.

So I'm wondering what do you guys think should be done? Should I go out and make sure these eggs survive, and when the time comes help the turtles in their epic crossing, or just leave it be and let nature do its thing? Oh and anyone else have something like this happen?

I'll try to get some pictures if anyone wants to see.
Update!
Well we called an environmentalist and he came by today. We decided to dig up all the eggs we knew of and move them to a safer location due to the construction that is going to be happening on our property. Ill have new pictures up in a moment.

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Last edited by floppypick at Jun 12, 2008,
Pictures sound good.

I'm thinking you raise the turtles so be some kind of ninjas no doubt.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
It's the last sign of the Apocolyse. Well-fucking-done. We are all fucked because of your stupid turtle eggs.
Don't beat the turtles into a bloody pulp. And leave them be.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Pics please. Don't touch em but put a fence or a sign around them to make sure noone steps on them.
^ Umm...if you put a fence around them, how will the mommy and daddy turtles get to them?

And yeah! Pictures!

And uh, call some kind of local environmental group or something, many the humane society, and ask them what to do. They should have some good advice for you.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Or make breakfast with them.
Quote by Jackal58
Photobucket is being quite unresponsive so I'll do my best to get these pictures up but it may be a little bit.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by renegade2031
Pictures sound good.

I'm thinking you raise the turtles so be some kind of ninjas no doubt.

+1341
Quote by 100Roy001
I used to have sex with dolls.
When I was really young, though.

Like, 26 or something.

Quote by kikaykitko
Or make breakfast with them.

Hah! xD

In all seriousness call your local animal crib thingymajig and see what they think about it?
/CENTER]
Quote by pl0x
Hah! xD

In all seriousness call your local animal crib thingymajig and see what they think about it?

They think you should make scrambled eggs for everyone.
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Sid McCall
^ Umm...if you put a fence around them, how will the mommy and daddy turtles get to them?

And yeah! Pictures!

And uh, call some kind of local environmental group or something, many the humane society, and ask them what to do. They should have some good advice for you.

The same way Mexicans get through the US border...
Leave them be.

But maybe put a little sign or something warning people to watch where they step =)
I say breakfast.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Okay a few pictures are up, later I shall try and get the ones with my fat cat, getting ready to attack it. He never did though, and good thing, these are snapping turtles
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Make one your pet turtle and name him Squirtle and as he grows change his name as if he was evolving. Squirtle, Wartortle then Blastoise.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by slaveofsatan
Make one your pet turtle and name him Squirtle and as he grows change his name as if he was evolving. Squirtle, Wartortle then Blastoise.

I was thinking that, but I'd also need something for him to battle... any ideas?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Just let nature do it's thing. Observe it but do not interfere in any way. And why would you call some organization about it?

Operator: hello
You: some turtles laid there eggs in my yard
Operator: Congrats... don't kill them.
*hang up*
Death Cube K

Quote by primusfan
i know an old lady who supports abortion because it's generally low-class black women getting it performed and for her the less inner-city black kids (or blacks in general) there are, the better.

Oh Damn
Quote by ihatefender
Just let nature do it's thing. Observe it but do not interfere in any way. And why would you call some organization about it?

Operator: hello
You: some turtles laid there eggs in my yard
Operator: Congrats... don't kill them.
*hang up*

Well I think snapping turtles are endangered... so we have the fate of a species on our yard!

But yeah, We';; probably put up a fence, when they hatch help them over, then leave it at that. We have raccoons and foxes who would dig these up in seconds.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Don't help them cross. They'll become dependent on humans to make it to the water, which will do a LOT more harm than good.
Quote by Thornography
Don't help them cross. They'll become dependent on humans to make it to the water, which will do a LOT more harm than good.

Well the reason I want to do this is because of the road. I'll probably let them get to the road, pick them up and put them on the other side of the road. They can then find their way to the pond.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by floppypick
Well the reason I want to do this is because of the road. I'll probably let them get to the road, pick them up and put them on the other side of the road. They can then find their way to the pond.

Ohh ok. That's a good idea, actually. Make sure you don't get hit by a car, now.
Quote by floppypick
This past few days I've seen some odd things. Chipmunks chasing squirrels twice its size, thunderstorms that looked like strobe lights and a little wandering dog that stopped by our house. I've even seen turtles crossing the highway just up the street from me.

Today though I saw something I'd never expect to see. Today, turtles decided to lay their eggs on my front yard.

We recently moved into a new house, and the entire front yard is sand, much like a beach, and just across from us is a pond, which I'm guessing is where the turtles reside.

So I'm wondering what do you guys think should be done? Should I go out and make sure these eggs survive, and when the time comes help the turtles in their epic crossing, or just leave it be and let nature do its thing? Oh and anyone else have something like this happen?

I'll try to get some pictures if anyone wants to see.

Dam, those are some hardcore turtles. They look like firebreathing mutant death lizards.
Dude.......that turtle has a spiked tail, raise it to kill people!!!!

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by floppypick

First off, lay off the pot.

Second, rape them/kill them/go to the doctor/it's AIDS.
/mostcommonpitreplies

I would definently call the local wildlife department. The best you could do is just to leave them alone in the first place.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Update: Just go read my first post, I have it all in there.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick