Page 1 of 2
Note to mods: I didn't think this really fit into any other sections, if you feel it does, then by all means move it and you have my apologies. Not that anything i'm saying is going to stop you from doing so

My band and I are playing at a party which consists of quite a lot of people in our school. So almost everyone knows eachother, and it's not really serious. However, one of my friends said that I don't look good on stage, (even though i've never been on stage) and I can see what he means. I'm pretty small, and I look quite young.

I imagine a lot of you are experienced in these matters, and I was wondering if you could give me a few tips on how to look good on stage.

I've googled it, and found stuff like: be confident, look like you've been on stage plenty of times and look like you love it.

But I don't know what to expect or how to do those things as i've never done this before.

So, advice from those with first hand experience, or even from audiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
soap, q-tips, comb, deodorant, chuck taylors works for me.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
I stuff my pants.

With candy.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I stuff my pants.

With candy.

yummy candy cane
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Before you go on, just think this.

"Fuck what people think."

If you don't look good on stage, don't worry about it right now, especially if it's just your first show. Concentrate on playing well.
Don't be afraid to move on stage, as you said, confidence, just have fun, does it really matter what you look like? If you look at half the bands around today if you watch them live theyl look stupid, dont be so self conscious.
Wear a suit. I can't think of a single instance where wearing a suit onstage isn't cool.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Kensai
I stuff my pants.

With candy.

hmm...sounds like something a pedofile would do......

EDIT: you can try wearing a mask..... it worked for bucket head
Quote by TheProducer
...I'm a pussy...
get yourself a badass power stance.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
If your ever in japan play this

e-12-12-12-12-10-10-7-7-10----

the crowd gets wild.
Like a alot of people said, move, get into the music. thats the key to stage presence. And wear a kick ass outfit haha. A sweet hat, awesome jacket and a classic pair of shoes would be good starters.

What kind of music do you play?
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Jump around, do some little dances like Morrissey would. You can't go wrong.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by STriNG-RaY
hmm...sounds like something a pedofile would do......

No, uh... all the famous rockstars do it

<.<

>.>

Quote by thedudemeister
yummy candy cane

They call me Willy Bonka
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
For starters, move your feet around a bit, sway back and forth sort of, if you don't have much room. When I started getting more confident, that's what I did. If you have a solo, then run out in front of all other band members; it's your moment. That is, unless you must stay by the footswitch.

At my last gig (Saturday night), we had the band stuff inside the house (raining a little bit) aimed outwards past some sliding doors that were open all the way, and the drums took up a lot of room. The amps were to the side of the drums, and the bass player and I had to be inside. I ended up kicking the footswitch outside just before a solo so I could be closer to the people. It was quite awesome; it only took one kick.
The best thing you can do is play well, but don't just stand there and stare at your fretboard.
Acceptable things to do on stage:
- Power Stance (At the right moment)
- Headbang
- Play with your teeth

Unacceptable things that will make you look like a retard:
- Flailing your limbs around
- Wearing your guitar at your chin
- Guitar flips, in any way, shape or form
- Unzipping your trousers.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Kensai
No, uh... all the famous rockstars do it

<.<

>.>

They call me Willy Bonka

best thing ive read today, youve made my day dude, thanks
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Just hog the front of the stage. Get up on the very edge, do a power stance and just have fun with it.
We're only strays.
Just go and have fun, you will probs look alright without realising then
/CENTER]
smile. rock out..like you can feel the beat of the music and dont be scared..dont get the deer in headlights look..doesnt matter how old or young you look, as long as you can rock out
YOUR FACE.
Quote by Ichimaru
The best thing you can do is play well, but don't just stand there and stare at your fretboard.
Acceptable things to do on stage:
- Power Stance (At the right moment)
- Headbang
- Play with your teeth

Unacceptable things that will make you look like a retard:
- Flailing your limbs around
- Wearing your guitar at your chin
- Guitar flips, in any way, shape or form
- Unzipping your trousers.

Firstly, what is the power stance? I've heard so many definitions, I don't know which is true.

And headbanging/teethplaying is only acceptable with certain types of music.

Another note, if you are a righty, bring the neck up past the right side of your face when you are about to strike a huge chord or switch on distortion for a loud chorus or something, and bring the neck back down and swing your head back when you hit the chord. Always works for me.
Quote by Msu_Man04
Firstly, what is the power stance? I've heard so many definitions, I don't know which is true.

Another note, if you are a righty, bring the neck up past the right side of your face when you are about to strike a huge chord or switch on distortion for a loud chorus or something, and bring the neck back down and swing your head back when you hit the chord. Always works for me.

Ever seen School of Rock? Jack Black teaches it to that Zack kid.

Stand with your feet wider than shoulder's width apart "like you own the world".
I hope this guy has strap locks.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Ever seen School of Rock? Jack Black teaches it to that Zack kid.

Stand with your feet wider than shoulder's width apart "like you own the world".

Oh, right, haha.
Be comfortable. Know your songs and you'll be alright.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Msu_Man04

I said it was acceptable, not that he had to do it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Go to an extreme. Either go mental or stand absolutely still staring at the floor.
just play the music and smile. tap ur foot, interact with your band mates, wink at ur girl, do whatever. I've never played on a big stage, just one man act stuff in small bars. When I'm doing that I actually am having fun so its a good time
Leather pants and either topless, or wearin a shirt and a leather jacket. Then take your jacket off halfway through the show to reveal nothing but a vest.

Oh and wear a hat. Never, ever. Forget the hat.

either do that or go naked.

Edit: Also try some of these

- Power stance
- Runnin round stage
- Jumping
- Playing guitar behind your head for A SHORT PERIOD
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Watch Claudio Sanchez closely.
Quote by 100Roy001
I used to have sex with dolls.
When I was really young, though.

Like, 26 or something.

man, just be yourself, and really just let any motion take over your body. I'm quite energetic when I'm on stage and usually and moving around a bit too much for the safety of those around me.
|
Page 1 of 2