So since everyone in my area is kinda rubbish at guitar/bass/drums/singing, im finding it hard to get in a band at the moment. I've been trying to write bits on my own, i thought maybe doing some good little rhythm parts with some nice chords, but moving away from power chords. How can i get some nice chords to play around with?
EDIT: I need chords that sound good with a distortion setting.
Quote by pepsi1187
theres a billion chords you can play .. just pick some

What great advice. I mean i know all the basic chords, e major, d, c , f, g all the ones you learn when you first start guitar but they don't sound good on electric really.

Heres a chord chart,

Here are some Keys

R 2 3 4 5 6 7
C D E F G A B

D E F# G A B C#

E F# G# A B C# D#

G A B C D E F#

Match these to the chart Example: Key of C=Cmaj, Dmin, Emin, Fmaj, Gmaj, Amin, Bdim

Guitar Chord Site

Here's a site where you can search for any chord you find in this. Hope this helps
'62 reissue Mexican Fender Stratocaster.

Fender Blues Junior

Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Electro Harmonix NYC Big Muff
Ibanez TS9 tube screamer
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
Electro Harmonix Micro P.O.G
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Last edited by The-Joker at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by pepsi1187
you probably play with too much distortion...

yup, chords should sound really nice through a cleaner amp setting
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by doubtfull
What great advice. I mean i know all the basic chords, e major, d, c , f, g all the ones you learn when you first start guitar but they don't sound good on electric really.

Power Chords!
Quote by pepsi1187
you probably play with too much distortion...

no i don't. I dont even play heavy music.

and when I said that those chords didn't sound good on distortion, i mean when i'm trying to come up with something new, it doesn't sound very interesting.
Last edited by doubtfull at Jun 10, 2008,
ok.. thats a totally different problem you have then.. well man. what kind of music are you writing?