ChicNStu0017
97 IQ
The title says the basic idea, but yeah. I'm looking for some music without vocals that have some good, metal-like dual guitars. For some examples of what I'm looking for...I really like the guitar in bands such as Arch Enemy, All That Remains, and The Human Abstract. Avenged Sevenfold is ok I guess...So yeah. I'm trying to find a band or bands that have dual guitar similar to this, but without the vocals, since they kind of get in the way in my opinion if you're really trying to listen to the music and get into it and play it. If anyone has any suggestions I'll glady look into them. Popular bands would probably be the most useful too since they'll most likely have more tabs to look up.
SeanHart213
Shirt Ripper
611 IQ
Canvas Solaris
Cacophony
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
Luizza69
Banned
83 IQ
Did you ever listen to John 5?
If not, ill give you some pretty good songs to preview off of youtube.
Last edited by Luizza69 at Jun 9, 2008,
the memory
Hoots Man!
1,664 IQ
cacophony have vocals ^^^

tbh im not sure if there is anything like that
racer x have some instrumental tracks (scarified, viking kong, technical difficulties, Y.R.O, scit scat wah) so you might wanna check that

generally instrumental guitar work is like paul gilbert, yngwie, john petrucci, joe satriani, john 5 etc...

id love an instrumental band in the styles you mentioned too!
Top lel.
zigz407
Has perfect jaw structure
230 IQ
Sleep Terror only have one guitarist but are sick.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
ChicNStu0017
97 IQ
Quote by zigz407
Sleep Terror only have one guitarist but are sick.

thanks for the suggestion. that's pretty insane, I wouldn't be able to play that, sadly lol.
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
Not what you're looking for, at all actually, but a very good instrumental/psychadelicprog band is Ozric Tentacles.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
zigz407
Has perfect jaw structure
230 IQ
Quote by ChicNStu0017
thanks for the suggestion. that's pretty insane, I wouldn't be able to play that, sadly lol.

Ah, sorry.
I forgot you were looking for bands to play, not listen too. I don't think there are more than 10 people that can keep up with that guy.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Alucard II
In Spheres of Madness
731 IQ
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Not what you're looking for, at all actually, but a very good instrumental/psychadelicprog band is Ozric Tentacles.
i thought of Ozrics immediately, but Ed's the only guitarist
also, only some of the music is guitar-focused, Ed plays keys too methinks. GREAT band tho
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
Quote by Alucard II
i thought of Ozrics immediately, but Ed's the only guitarist
also, only some of the music is guitar-focused, Ed plays keys too methinks. GREAT band tho

Yeah, I said it wasn't anything he was looking for

Erpland is one oif the greatest instrumental albums I've ever heard, Ed is a great guitar player.

And, I'm pretty sure he plays keys, I've seen him switch over to the board once and awhile on stage.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Alucard II
In Spheres of Madness
731 IQ
^ i feel like asking if you heard about the time Satch asked to jam with Ed, but i dont want to hijack the thread

i'll see if i can find you the link, and PM it to you, in case you havent
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
Quote by Alucard II
^ i feel like asking if you heard about the time Satch asked to jam with Ed, but i dont want to hijack the thread

i'll see if i can find you the link, and PM it to you, in case you havent

I actually hven't.

That would be an epic sight.

Quote by eggsandham2
ChicNStu0017
97 IQ
Quote by Beanstalk7
ghosts and vodka

I had a hard time finding some of their stuff, and it's not really what I'm looking for, but I really liked it a lot, thanks.
Beanstalk7
252 IQ
Quote by ChicNStu0017
I had a hard time finding some of their stuff, and it's not really what I'm looking for, but I really liked it a lot, thanks.

no problem
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,129 IQ
Gordian Knot, perhaps?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=58890589

Nah... Seems like you're looking for instrumental death metal... Hm...

Blotted Science, maybe?

http://www.last.fm/music/Blotted+Science

The Myspace link isn't working for me for some reason >.< Oh, and they only have guitarist.
Flying Afros
Blarg
1,349 IQ
Pelican definitely. I suggest checking out 'City of Echoes.'

Baroness have vocals, but focus a lot more on cool guitar melodies and rhythm. Try the 'Red Album.'
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke