Page 1 of 2
So I searched around quite alot, and found no signs of a space thread.

Therefor, I am creating this thread for anyone to post questions, comments, stories, etc. related to space.

Feel free to post some awesome pictures of space, be it real, or animated, but keep them under control. Don't post HUGE pics.

Keep it clean, be nice, have fun.

Thank you.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
For starters, I'm sure you all know that the Olympus lander has landed on Mars. I think that's pretty amazing, and I'm really excited to see what it turns up. Also, my name was on the disc. :O

Edit: ^^ Thank you two for those very interesting comments, I'm sure everyone agrees.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Jun 9, 2008,
space is handy, id fill it with cabs
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
For starters, I'm sure you all know that the Olympus lander has landed on Mars. I think that's pretty amazing, and I'm really excited to see what it turns up. Also, my name was on the disc. :O
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
^^yay photoshop...you made me lol all over myself
Yes. Go Canadians, look at all of us so far!

On topic, I saw something on discovery about how there's a mesa on mars that looks like a face and some broken pyramid-looking mounds around it. Coincidence? I think not.

Edit: Damn, the Canadian chain was broken before I could get in there...
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Last edited by Blackballed at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by Blackballed
Yes. Go Canadians, look at all of us so far!

On topic, I saw something on discovery about how there's a mesa on mars that looks like a face and some broken pyramids around it. Coincidence? I think not.

Edit: Damn, the Canadian chain was broken before I could get in there...

Yeah I saw that as well, I'm not quite sure what to think about it yet. They should send something there to check it out, because if it was life, it would change the world.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Fryer Mike
Yeah I saw that as well, I'm not quite sure what to think about it yet. They should send something there to check it out, because if it was life, it would change the world.

Hah, did you see it on that "mystery of the crystal skulls" thing too? I can't believe I watched that. It seemed to bring a lot of conspiracy theories into it whether they were connected or not, ie. aliens leaving things on earth, mars life=earth life, and moon shoot conspiracy, etc. Oh well, it held my attention for two hours .
BlackBallad...That was a joke. It was basicall a bunch of crappy thoeries that made no sense. But like you, it took my attention for 2 hours.
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by Fryer Mike
BlackBallad...That was a joke. It was basicall a bunch of crappy thoeries that made no sense. But like you, it took my attention for 2 hours.

Good
I'm actually fascinated by space. I love looking through pictures taken by the Hubble of nebulae and stuff like that. It's really the main reason why I play Eve Online (which I highly recommend, it's an awesome game).
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Fryer Mike

Yeah, it was a hilarious special.

"WE HAVE TO UNITE THE CRYSTAL SKULLS BEFORE 2012! IT MAY BE THE ONLY THING THAT CAN SAVE US! OH NOES, ALIENZ"
I like stars. Stars are cool.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I like stars. Stars are cool.

You speak the truth. Well actually, stars are hot.

/lame
space is just a state of mind
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
How is space a state of mind at all?
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by dubstar92
space is just a state of mind

Quote by Fryer Mike
How is space a state of mind at all?

You'll have to excuse him/her. He/she is an admitted ketchup addict. Who's to say what goes on in his/her ketchup induced stupor? Terrible business, that ketchup.
Last edited by Blackballed at Jun 12, 2008,
Quote by Fryer Mike

As in the disc that NASA said they would fill with people's names, then jettison it in to space? If so, I'm there too! YAHOO!
The NASA budget for 2009 is $18,000,000,000.

Think about all the problems that could be solved by putting that money to a useful cause.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
what if space is a useful cause?
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by midi pure
what if space is a useful cause?

How is it?

If you wanted to find a cure for cancer, for AIDS, an end to racism and discrimination, a solution to famine and hunger, and an end to war, you won't find any of those things in space.

And those things are infinitely more important than aliens and rocks.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
well after a few billion years we might need to move of this planet and then it will help

Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by rabidguitarist
How is it?

If you wanted to find a cure for cancer, for AIDS, an end to racism and discrimination, a solution to famine and hunger, and an end to war, you won't find any of those things in space.

And those things are infinitely more important than aliens and rocks.

Did you ever think that maybe the solutions to those are in aliens and rocks in space? And who are you to say what we will or won't find in space? We will never know unless we explore it.
sigs are dumb...
Quote by yobird42
Did you ever think that maybe the solutions to those are in aliens and rocks in space? And who are you to say what we will or won't find in space? We will never know unless we explore it.

The Andromeda Strain ftw
Quote by yobird42

Show me some ****ing aliens.

We're better off looking for these things right here than wandering off into dreamt up theories with no evidence, which may or may not lie out there in a massive space that we have no chance of exploring all of.

Here is where the problem is, which means the solution is here also.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
^psh ur just jealous that ur British
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Show me some ****ing aliens.

We're better off looking for these things right here than wandering off into dreamt up theories with no evidence, which may or may not lie out there in a massive space that we have no chance of exploring all of.

Here is where the problem is, which means the solution is here also.

The theories do to have evidence. Astronomers know what they're talking about. Think about it, seriously. There are billions of galaxies, each with trillions of stars. What are the chances that we are the only intelligent life? Thats like billions upon trillions to one. Maybe we will never find an alien culture, or maybe we will. I agree that NASA having a budget that huge is ridiculous, but it may be worth it in the long run. You may not know this but a lot of technology you use every day is a direct result of the NASA program. And you can't say it wouldn't be amazing to be peacefully living with aliens. I don't know maybe I'm just crazy or something.
sigs are dumb...
Quote by triggerhappy19
What if space was ketchup?

I want a hot dog now. stupid tangent.

space is unimportant except for a few possibilities: relocating humanity to prevent overpopulation. If we could move the extra gases from Venus to Mars, they might become hospitable. however, Venus would only be hospitable temporarily, and Mars would retain coldness.
also, I know aliens do exist. They mow my lawn for ten bucks.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I was watching a Discovery program on How We Left Earth

pretty interesting, and it had Gary Sinise as the narrator
██████████████████████████████
Relating this to the sig of the guy above me... who thinks the moon landing was fake?

I do, anyone else?

Does anyone think it was real?
Plays:
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL

some people should clean under space more often.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by Fryer Mike
Relating this to the sig of the guy above me... who thinks the moon landing was fake?

I do, anyone else?

Does anyone think it was real?

I think the filming is fake but the actual landing is real.
sigs are dumb...
Space

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Space is AWESOME!!!!!!
My band's theme is space
We changed the name though

Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic