What are some bands that give away (some of) their music for free? I'm not a big fan of illegal downloads, but if somebody gives away music for free, I won't mind. I want to expand my music collection but I'm completely broke right now, otherwise I'd just go buy a few CD's somewhere.

Any suggestions? I'm open to practically anything from famous to unsigned bands, as long as they make good music.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Just off the top of my head, NIN's newest album "The Slip" was released as free download a few months ago.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I have all of NIN's free stuff, some Beatallica, and Froosh's demos that he gave out on his website
I didn't really think the slip was great, it had a couple good tracks
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Bomb the music industry give all their stuff away on their website I think.
Quote by unknownpunkrock
I didn't really think the slip was great, it had a couple good tracks

I honestly think that it was better than year zero, despite it being much shorter and...well simplistic. thats just me though.

and radiohead released a cd for free, although I'm pretty sure that was a limited time kind of deal
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Urm...there was some NIN live concert download a bit ago i got an email about and downloaded. Never listened to it...never listened to NIN, so yeah.

Raidohead's In rainbows offer was ages ago, and is now out in stores ( i downloaded for free...still need to listen to it...)
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by dantheguitarist
In Rainbows was released as a free download.
That ship has sailed.

I downloaded some free stuff of "Fall of Rauros", links to the downloads on their myspace. Good music, vocals not great.
Quote by killerswan
Pennywise - Reason to Believe

it used to be. it is a kickass album.

thats not downloadable anymore
you had to get it within a week or something

but i actually bought in rainbows just because radiohead is awesome
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Defiance, Ohio uploaded all their albums to indytorrents.com (Not sure about the status of the other stuff on that site, so just get the D,O stuff if you're concerned)

The Martyr Index posted their latest album for free download
http://themartyrindex.com/downloads/

The first song on that album is also about how the music industry collapsing is a good thing, and I believe there's a rant about it in the booklet somewhere. (included in the download)