so, if i was to receive a check, and i needed the money next day, would i be able to get the funds out of my account the next day? probably not, correct? but what if i deposited it with a bank teller?
It'd still take 3-7 days, 3-4 if you do it through a teller.

You can cash them instantly at pawn shops for a fee.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
if its a paycheck im pretty sure they can get cashed instantly.... for regular checks, the first 100$ is cashed right away, and you might have to wait a few days for the rest.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Let's say the check is for $200.

If you have $200 in your bank account, I'm pretty sure you can get cash instantly. If you don't have that much money, go to the bank of the checkwriter, it says right on the front. They can usually give you cash instantly too.

Of course I'm sure these things will vary from bank to bank and state to state, so I can't guarantee that will work.
Depends if it was on the weekend or not.

From personal experience, (Royal Bank of Canada) I can usually access the first 100 dollars from the check for the first day.
I get my the money of the check in less than 2 seconds with my bank.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Way it works with my paycheques,

I cash at the machine, I get the first $100 and the rest is on an 8 day holding time

If I do it at a teller, it goes instantly.
no you have to wait a week usually
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
On a related note, I'm sixteen, and recieved a check from my aunt for $50. My mom doesn't know about it and I'd like to keep it that way, can I cash it at my bank? I have my permit that I could use for ID.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by rcw110131
Let's say the check is for $200.

If you have $200 in your bank account, I'm pretty sure you can get cash instantly. If you don't have that much money, go to the bank of the checkwriter, it says right on the front. They can usually give you cash instantly too.

Of course I'm sure these things will vary from bank to bank and state to state, so I can't guarantee that will work.

yeh, thats pretty much it. its called cashing against your accounts. There shouldnt be any laws against it, methinks. its just a withdrawal/deposit. banks dont mind b/c if the check doesnt cash, they arent out any money
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
Well with the bank I use, as soon as you deposit the check, you can get the money right away, although I think it's only like half of what you deposited until the full check gets deposited a couple days later.
If you "cash a check" than you get cash. If you deposit a check it goes to your account. You should be able to just get it any time after you deposit it.