I have been looking to buy a new guitar for a while now, and I think I have narrowed it down to possibly two guitars; the LTD EC-1000 or the Gibson Les Paul Studio. I am interested in getting feedback from people who are familiar with these guitars to help me decide which one to go with. I mostly play stuff like Tool, Rage Against the Machine, A Perfect Circle, At the Drive-in, etc. ANY help is appreciated !
the Les Paul studio is a very expensive piece of fire wood....that being the Ec-1000 is good, but with emgs, it varies depending on the amp.

that said what amp do you have, im a ***** at this.
what kind of music are you playing?

if your more into metal or hard rock get the ESP. sounds great clean and overdriven
For the EC-1000 you can get get either the EMG's or Seymour Duncan JB/59s on the amber sunburst model, either way I think I am going to change the bridge pickup for a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB.

As for the amp, still not sure what to get. I've played with the Peavey Valve King, Crate Flexwave, and Vox Valvetronix and I thought those were O.K amps. The best one I've played so far was an Orange, I can't remember what model, but it is too much for my budget right now. Suggestions on an amp not much more than $500 perhaps?