Hey all

I just ruined my bridge pup for my SG and decided id just buy a whole nother set and put the neck in my EPI.

This set has to do everything, classic rock ,blues, metal, shred, jazz....and...thats about it..

I have 140$ to spend and i would prefer seymour duncans, but will consider others.
I listend to the clips on the duncan website and actually like the dimebucker in the bridge, but it cant be that versitle...mostly for metal...
I have a valveking, but later this summer (towards the end) im getting a crate v18.

I ruined the bridge pup because i put on pickup covers and the one for the bridge didnt fit completely and now it feeds back sometimes and its a little annoying.

I was also considering EMG 81 and 60.
the Seymour Duncan hot rodded set is amazing for the price ($130) and EXTREMELY versatile. though if you're not playing through a tube amp you wont know how great they can really be. but since you need ur bridge replaced anyway you might as well.

btw, which SG do you have? if it's anything less than the G-400 it's not worth modding. IMO anyway....but i'm pretty sure almost all of UG will agree w/ me about that. set neck+upper fret access double cutaway is what makes the SG the SG.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
then YES get to it NOW!! i say get some custom handwound ones actually....a guitar like that deserves the best. the SDs are AWESOME but there's a small chance that one day you might want something specifically for YOU, so why not do it now?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
what i think im gonna do is get the SD hot rodded set if i cant fix my bridge by re potting again .
^

Yeah, the JB is a bit overrated. If you want to gear it more towards metal, do it with a SH-1 in the neck, and an SH-5 in the bridge. The Duncan Custom would be good for metal, while still capable of getting a decent classic rock tone, due to its PAF-ish (on steroids) voicing.
Roll down the tone knob for the neck pickup, and you've got jazz tones.