hey um i need some help w. composing an instrumental?
kinda taking the whole Canon Rock idea
i ahve the basic melody w. a few licks and fills here and there but i want to incorperate more...so...help? im kinda loooking for like tapping, and jsut impressive soloing stuff but dont know where to start. if i cud get some help on that, that wud be great!
dynamics. a good instrumental must have dynamic movement, i.e. slow to fast, soft to hard, quiet to loud.
Quote by Squirrel1993
hey um i need some help w. composing an instrumental?
kinda taking the whole Canon Rock idea
i ahve the basic melody w. a few licks and fills here and there but i want to incorperate more...so...help? im kinda loooking for like tapping, and jsut impressive soloing stuff but dont know where to start. if i cud get some help on that, that wud be great!
Same way you'd write a non instrumental, I guess. Except instead of having a singer, you would play the main melody on another instrument.
thanks guys
i was wondering how
how do u tap arpeggios? i can tap like the T12p5h8 that kind of stuff
but tapping arpeggios sounds a little differnt?
help wud be great
thx!
Can you write a simple three minute, three chord song that sounds good? If you can't, you're nowhere near ready to write a decent instrumental like Canon Rock.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Squirrel1993
thanks guys
i was wondering how
how do u tap arpeggios? i can tap like the T12p5h8 that kind of stuff
but tapping arpeggios sounds a little differnt?
help wud be great
thx!

That's one way of doing it; tapping the 12-5-8 pattern on the E string is an A minor arpeggio. Just learn the theory behind chord construction and you'll be set.
Don't just fill it with guitar solos (unless you want to write another Hangar 18), use some 2 note harmonies. If you write one melody in E minor, add a second guitar playing the third above the melody. So an E in the main melody would have the second guitar play a G, F# and A, G and B, etc. These are NOT parallel thirds, some harmonies will be a major third some will be a minor third.