whats the hardest solo you know that doesnt use some manner of whammy bar or floyd rose action? dont have one on my les paul (it will be my goal to reach over this long, boring summer)
many dont

try some scorpions maybe? like "rock you like a hurricane" or "no one like you"

i dont know your influences or interests so i have no lead
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
i have been been working on fade to black for a while. I just kinda fell in love wit the song when i heard the solo.
i'm into harder paced, bluesy stuff, like zep, aerosmith, ac/dc, gnr, rolling stones. and to fixationdarknes, i play the original solo straight through and then begin to improvise after its finished, but i need some basis first to get a good feel for it.
Just improvise without a whammy, i played all of surfing with the alien on my gibson before i got my ibanez.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Led Zepplin- Heartbreaker, Good Times Bad Times, or Black Dog would probably do
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
learn the solo to 18 and life
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by Teh GIR
Just improvise without a whammy, i played all of surfing with the alien on my gibson before i got my ibanez.

I gotta say that would sound bad without a whammy, it makes the song!! Well you said hardest so...... Technical difficulties is fun, try it.
Quote by RandyRhoads2
Actually F**k it,anything by Buckethead.

I was just thinking that.
well i like eruption, and i play it on my SG i just hold the note that is sopossed to whammy and it sounds ok...
buy my bands album and learn some of my solos.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
tornado of souls by megadeth/marty friedman

pretty much anything by eric johnson EDIT: oh, paul gilbert too

there are loads, to be honest...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ghold125
i have been been working on fade to black for a while. I just kinda fell in love wit the song when i heard the solo.

exactly the same thing!
i love the song...
symphony of destruction solo by megadeth. its a good solo. master of puppets is a good one too, but when it gets to the two whammy bar bends i just use pinch harmonics.