So... I snapped my E string and was replacing it. I turn my guitar over and what do I see? A ton of scratching. It looks like someone took a thumbtack to the back of it. This guitar is 6 months old and it's kept in it's gig-bag at all times, unless I'm playing it. It's just in the paint, so is there any way to fix this? It's a black semi-gloss/glossy so it's pretty obvious. Do I just need to live with the pain of my nice, new guitar being all scratched and lowering re-sale value even more, or is there a way to fix it?
Thanks
Quote by VoodooChild15
I used to take my penis out and touch stuff with it when no one was looking.

Quote by teensean
THANK YOU!!! i love you Snyde_Platypus!!!

I explained "lulz" =D
buckle rash. no biggie. they actually sell guards. or you can take ur belt off.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
But is there any way to repair the damage already there?
Quote by VoodooChild15
I used to take my penis out and touch stuff with it when no one was looking.

Quote by teensean
THANK YOU!!! i love you Snyde_Platypus!!!

I explained "lulz" =D
some tiny scratches might lighten with waxing.

but for the most part, they are there until you refinish the whole guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I wouldn't worry about them. Scratches show wear and usage. I'm not even ticked that after I shined up my new Ibanez RG370DX today I found some scratches from the store. To me a guitar looks better the more it is used. But if you want to get rid of them, you will have to, as mentioned, refinish the guitar.
it happens
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.