Page 1 of 2
This is it funny?

i thought it was hilarious but now i'm not sure whether to feel bad or not...

your opinions?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You could laugh at that, you certainly could. Or cry. Both are valid responses.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
well, i laughed at how bad the first guy was, the second not as bad, but wow......then i cried cuz i felt bad for laughing
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
its the tappping the second guy does that breaks my heart...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I just commented on it...told them who I think should win lol.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
It's not funny, just good to see the kids developing. They'll look back on this and cringe.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Christ that was awful. So we're both asses.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
that was pathetic, i wonder who they're trying to impress.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by Delanoir
What was the first song that that first guy *tried* to play?

belief by john mayer.
its actually a good song with a cool guitar solo. you just cant tell from that video
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Not too bad, but the Coheed and Cambria cover reminded me of these group of kids in a GC near me that all huddled around a MG100 halfstack, and tried to play Welcome Home collectively, and sing.

It was pretty horrible, but I was like, whatever, it's a ****ty amp, and plus i've got no idea how long they're been playing. So I mind my own business, and sit down to play a Peavey 6505 combo for the first time, and was trying to get a good (not shrill) clean sound. So cuz I had finished learning Metallica's "One" the previous week in lesson, i started playing that. One of the kids from the group looks over at me, makes his way over to where i was playing, and laughs while i'm trying to get the cleans to sound decent, and goes "*chuckle* can you play the solos in that song?" So I start the first one off, and it's pretty simple the kid gives me a not too bad look, but still has this smirk on that just ticked me off.

Now, I'm pretty level headed, and hate competiting for skill level, but it was something with this kids smug attitude that set me off, so I started playing the end solo (and I have to say, it's one of the few times i've actually done the entire thing cleanly), and the kids smile just faded, and he had an "oh crap" look come up, and just said cool, and slowly went to walk away, but I stared him in the face and finished the thing, said "happy?," and went back to minding my own business, eventually deciding the soloist I was using wasn't too spiffy and the 6505 was kinda meh. Again, I hate doing things like that (I see it all the time, and think "god, what douchebags"), but this kid set me off; who arrogantly approaches someone you don't know, scoffs at them, thens acts like an ass while they're playing something you asked for? Granted, I guess I kinda shoved it in his face at the end, but I still felt like an ass afterwards...but I guess feeling like an ass is better than being embarrassed in a place like that.

Anyways, the vid kinda reminded me of the kids, but these kids have potential in my mind, and don't seem to act arrogant. hopefully they'll improve a lot and have some fun. That's what music's really about. And it seems like they're having a good time posting vids, so that's really all that matters. Aside from that, we have no idea how long they've been playing individually, or as a band, so for all we know they could have only been playing for a month or two, so who are we to judge whether it's utter trash, or gold in the works?

/ end tangent/rant
I can understand them trying to have a guitar battle like that, and starting a band aswell. Why do they have to post themselves on the internet though? I mean it's cool to have fun with music, but why do they have to share their playing with the world?

pepsi
Seriously you can not settle a guitar battle by playing covers. That proves literally nothing except who can waste the most time learning something. They should have improvised a little and played one of there creations
Quote by RG_FANMAN
too long to quote

It's much easier to just hit them with the guitar, and then make them put thier mouth on the edge of the amp and then kick the back of their head breaking their jaw. Extra points if you use a Spanish acoustic guitar and yell out, " NO ONE ****S WITH EL MARIACHI!
Guitars:
Schecter C-1+ Black Cherry FMT
2008 American Standard Stratocaster Candy Cola

AMPS:
Fender G-DEC
Fender Dyna-touch III Stage 1000
Vox Valvetronix XL AD30VTXL

Pedals:
DOD Supradistortion FX-55B (w/ Boost)
I've never understood guitar battles. Guitar playing isn't a sport and if it was it wouldn't be a sprint, it would be a team sport
Quote by pepsi_lovr
I can understand them trying to have a guitar battle like that, and starting a band aswell. Why do they have to post themselves on the internet though? I mean it's cool to have fun with music, but why do they have to share their playing with the world?

pepsi

Exactly.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I did indeed lol throughout the video, but I loled especially hard here:

A combination of the behind the neck (which I think is about to snap) and the GHII poster.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

probably some of the worst playing ive seen in a long time.

wow

edit: OMFG watch their other videos...even funnier. How people can go outside after posting something like this is beyond me.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Last edited by nvranka at Jun 10, 2008,
Quote by bWsWwrestler
Seriously you can not settle a guitar battle by playing covers. That proves literally nothing except who can waste the most time learning something. They should have improvised a little and played one of there creations

you really think theyre capable of any of that? did you not just listen to how ****ing terrible that was. I mean seriously.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
If they're gonna do a guitar battle, at least they could have used their own licks instead of old songs.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Wow. Just wow. I think it was pretty funny, the serious faces of them, I mean damn, I know when I sound bad, I don't have that look, even when I was first starting I looked like I wanted to kill someone because I sounded bad.
Then with the bass player it just sounded like...I don't even know what, but not music. It doesn't sound like any of them are in tune with anyone.

I'm very very very glad that I don't have to be their neighbor.

EDIT: Uhm...That one guy is always wearing a Fender shirt? Does he not have any other shirts?
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
haha thats hilarious. i know they probbaly are beginning but why do you post a 6 minute long guitar duel? haha theyre both horrible and need to pracitce about 10 years before ever showing their faces again
Quote by nvranka
you really think theyre capable of any of that? did you not just listen to how ****ing terrible that was. I mean seriously.

haha I guess. but I have only had an electric guitar since christmas and I improvise all the time and write songs. They should learn some theory!
Jesus you made me turn off Robert Cray for that? If I had an MG i'd throw it at you about now. lol.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Wow. They could at least get the correct tab for welcome home. And tune their instruments.

The red/orange '80's sci-fi looking text in the intro was a nice touch though!
Quote by SovietSpartan
It's much easier to just hit them with the guitar, and then make them put thier mouth on the edge of the amp and then kick the back of their head breaking their jaw. Extra points if you use a Spanish acoustic guitar and yell out, " NO ONE ****S WITH EL MARIACHI!

Lol, nice job putting your own spin on the curb stomp; I think I'll call it the "Amp Stomp."

Although everytime I think of curb stomping, i think of American History X, which then makes me think about jail, and then showers, and then; ,
Page 1 of 2