Page 1 of 3
I have been watching pantera/dime orientated videos and i see loads of comments saying like...phil killed dimebag (not literally) and he ruined pantera etc..?

can anyone tell me what actually happend ?

(by the way i searched this on UG and google and found nothing)
Phil killed Dimebag... with his insane headbanging.

<_<
>_>
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
are you serious
wikiepdia it
its a touchy subject...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
From my limited knowledge, Phil got super heavy into drugs and turned into a douche and wanted to spend all his time on Superjoint Ritual and Dime and Vinnie weren't down with that so they broke up. Then Phil said something along the lines of, "Dime should be murdered" in an interview.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
From my limited knowledge, Phil got super heavy into drugs and turned into a douche and wanted to spend all his time on Superjoint Ritual and Dime and Vinnie weren't down with that so they broke up. Then Phil said something along the lines of, "Dime should be murdered" in an interview.

ahh i see. Thanks.

By the way to the other comments i managed to find out how, who and where he was killed lol......it was the whole phil anselmo hate i didnt understand.
Phil is a f***ing c.unt that is caught up his own Ego and Shadow of Dime.

That is what happened.
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!
Here's my question about what happened with Pantera:
How did they turn from a super awesome hair band into a ****ty metal band?
two and a half men.
Quote by rockon1824
Well, it was his addiction that pretty much screwed everything up. But then after Dimebag's death he said something about him deserving to die or wanting to beat him to death or something stupid like that so everyone turned against him.

actually that was 2 weeks before he was killed

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by Tire Me.
This is bound to turn into another "Rip Dime" thread.

meh. it probably wont.
Quote by rockon1824
But then after Dimebag's death he said something about him deserving to die or wanting to beat him to death or something stupid like that so everyone turned against him.

I think he said that before Dimebag's death, and then everyone turned against him after.

Yeah, that. ^^
Last edited by rifftnstrings at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
actually that was 2 weeks before he was killed

it might have motivated nathan gale though ? .
Quote by Cameronrobson

um, no?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
phil got addicted to herion due to "back pain from his intensity onstage" which eventually led to them breaking up which is "why" nathan gale killed dime.

edit: also phil said some things to rita(dimes longtime girlfreind) about dime after his death and she got PISSED and said if he came to the funeral she would shoot him in the face with a shotgun

Edit: but it was all sorted out soon afterwards and now phil and rita are "decent friends". so in all actuallity you could blame phil because he started doin herion but you also have to look at it this way:

He lost one of his closest friends and he blames himself for it and if thats never happened to it hurts to feel responsible for your closest friend's death

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Last edited by mohawkkidJohn at Jun 9, 2008,

well you sir are beyond retarded
Lets make a toast...To women's underwear its not the best thing in the world but its next to it...
Quote by Cameronrobson

Are you mentally ill?
Quote by studioworks700s
well you sir are beyond retarded

Dude I seriously have down syndrome. Don't make fun of me.
two and a half men.
I've only heard a few Pantera songs and i have to say that none of them are bad.

And reading this thread has helped me understand more about Dimebag and what happened, but i still don't understand the guy's motivation behind the shooting, was there a motive or was it just a random thing that happened?
Nathan Gale killed Dime, supposedly because he thought Dimebag Darrell was the reason Pantera split up. Even though it was mainly Phil. But, I mean if you look at it like that, you could bring the damn parents in for killing Dime. They give birth to him.

You could blame a lot of people,but, all in all, it was Nathan Gale who fired the gun, not Phil.
Quote by severed-metal
Nathan Gale killed Dime, supposedly because he thought Dimebag Darrell was the reason Pantera split up. Even though it was mainly Phil. But, I mean if you look at it like that, you could bring the damn parents in for killing Dime. They give birth to him.

You could blame a lot of people,but, all in all, it was Nathan Gale who fired the gun, not Phil.

oh i seeeeeeee.

Fanatic fans, gotta love 'em.
My Pantera question concerns the severe lack of good dimebag darrel jokes

"so Dimebag Darrell walked into a bar.. and he didn't walk out lol rofl lmao"

that can only get a laugh so many times
Quote by severed-metal

which wouldnt have happened had pantera not broke up thus re-shifting the blame to phil... its a never endin cycle of blame.

there was a bunch of huge stories about this in guitar world magazine in the march 08 issue you can get it at most public libraries.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
yea phil said in an interview with metal hammer 2 weeks prior to the shooting that dime "needs to be severely beaten"
anyway all the stuff that phil said and the heroine killed pantera not dime...hale killed dime, yes it is possible that he was influenced by what phil said but either way no one should have taken what he said and acted upon it but obviously he was insance

rip dime
It's Cadillac rainbows and lots of spaghetti
And I love meatballs so you better be ready
Actually, I think Nathan Gale had some delusion that the band was controlling his thoughts and reading his mind, so then he killed Dime.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by blackflag49
My Pantera question concerns the severe lack of good Dimebag Darrel jokes

I have to say the best one is " what's metal and full of holes? ".

BTW Pantera fans are known to be extremely defensive and will probably kill us.
two and a half men.
Quote by Cameronrobson
Dude I seriously have down syndrome. Don't make fun of me.

Why are you on this website then? How come you are able to form complete sentences and mostly correct grammar? How are you able to play an instrument?

Besides, Down's Syndrome has nothing to do with thinking Pantera was a hair band and became a "sh*tty metal band". That's not retarded.

That's just plain insanity.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Last edited by cjblack532 at Jun 9, 2008,
Quote by blackflag49
My Pantera question concerns the severe lack of good dimebag darrel jokes

well he wasnt shot at a bar and when dime went to bars he didnt walk out... he was either
A) carried out
or
B) crawled out the next morning

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Phil started drinking heavily and it affected his performances and he later started doing heroin as well so basically the rest of the band was pissed
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by cjblack532
Why are you on this website then? How come you are able to form complete sentences and mostly correct grammar? How are you able to play an instrument?

Besides, Down's Syndrome has nothing to do with thinking Pantera was a hair band and became a "sh*tty metal band". That's not retarded.

actually they were a hair metal band and dimes nickname was diamond darrell ad the "became a ****y metal band" is opinion and you know what they say about opinions

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by cjblack532

Dude, I'm handi-capable. Shut up.
two and a half men.
Rexx Rocker, lest we forget!
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
They were a Glam Band, there's a difference.

Ok. You're handicapable. So why did you shout that you have down syndrome?
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Cameronrobson
I have to say the best one is " what's metal and full of holes? ".

BTW Pantera fans are known to be extremely defensive and will probably kill us.

we're not defensive we are
FUCKING HOSTILE

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
It's like the people who had leg surgery like 10 years ago who request a handicap placard so they get priviledges reserved for those who actually are in a wheelchair and deserve them.
Quote by Pauldapro
Page 1 of 3