Hi All,

I've had a marshall MS-2C for years, and its finally decided that my playing isn't good enough- and it intermittantly "blips" for want of a better description. the sound cuts out and it makes a blip noise, on then off quite a lot. Sometimes when i switch the amp off and back on, it can be OK for a while. Also the power LED can flash sometimes, othertimes its just off or on, so something is wrong.

I've had the amp apart and cannot see any obvious dry joints / missing connections / loose wires. Also tried a new battery by the way. Does anyone have any ideas?

I use this amp in my living room for when i'm chilling in front of the telly, and it saves me bringing my combo downstairs just for a quick strum.

If I was to replace the tired MS2, does anyone have any reccomendations? I see they still make the MS2 and the MS4, and that orange and fender do little micro amps too. Has anyone tried these, if so what did they think of them?

Has to be a 9V supply, and the MS2 was fine for me, just wondering if any of the others which are on the market now are a better buy.

Thanks in advance all
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
a great battery operated effects amp that isnt likely to break, is the roland microcube.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
hmm the microcube is a bit expensive really for what i want. also, ideally, i'd like it to fit in my gigbag too if possible- think theyre a bit on the large side?

smokeys- forgot all about those, thats now on the list and the orange crush is top at the moment as it also has an inbuilt tuner, and would save me ripping my usual tuner off my pedal board.

hmmm decisions decisions........

any advances on the above?

U-G nooB

all the tiny micros are about the same.

so you might as well get the cheapest one and a tuner.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
How about a cheap multi effect pedal with headphones or those small Vox headphone amps? they sound way better than the marshall micro amps, or do you need speakers?
Quote by 100Roy001
I used to have sex with dolls.
When I was really young, though.

Like, 26 or something.

Don't bother fixing the MS2, it's crap, I have one. What is actually REALLY good for a 9v amp is the Orange Micro Crush. I picked one up on a whim, and it's killer. Decent sound, built in tuner, switchable overdrive, and headphone output. Also, it's an Orange. Need I say more?

Also, they sell them at Hot Topic, so you don't need to order online, just drop by the mall and pick one up for the same price as everywhere else.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
built a little gem or a ruby! things always sound better when you make them urself... well for urself maybe haha
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by Sid McCall
Don't bother fixing the MS2, it's crap, I have one. What is actually REALLY good for a 9v amp is the Orange Micro Crush. I picked one up on a whim, and it's killer. Decent sound, built in tuner, switchable overdrive, and headphone output. Also, it's an Orange. Need I say more?

Also, they sell them at Hot Topic, so you don't need to order online, just drop by the mall and pick one up for the same price as everywhere else.

top man, i do fancy one of those too

could you give me some dimensions? i cant seem to find any on the web

U-G nooB

Sure thing! *breaks out ruler*

approx. 6" wide
approx. 5.5" tall // 6" with feet (they don't come off, but I measured it both ways in case)
approx. 3" deep
By 'approx.' I mean that each measurement is rounded up by about 1/8" to make 'em even. So it's actually a bit smaller than I said, but not noticeably smaller.

I think the speaker is 4" but I can't remember.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jun 16, 2008,
Top man- have a virtual e-beer on me buddy, will see if that'll go in my gig bag pocket tomorrow

U-G nooB

Thanks, bro! I hope it fits for ya, it's such a useful little amp. And when you use the line out to a computer, you can ever get decent recorded sounds from it. Good luck!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
I know its been a while, but I've measured it up and it looks like a goer

My regular music store stocks them, so thinking of popping in on my way past on friday. Thanks for the help man

U-G nooB