Hey guys my Gretsch replica build seems a little too challenging for a beginner so I'm considering building a Jazzmaster from licensed replacement parts. My main question is are there any differents in the neck pocket of a stratocaster neck and a Jazzmaster neck. also are there any differences in the headstock shape.
The headstocks look the same:

I'm not sure about the neck pocket though, you'll probably need to ask someone with better knowledge of the jazzmaster, maybe forsaknazrael?
I'm sure it's the exact same as the strats neck pocket. I doubt fender would use two different neck pockets on two necks that are very similar.
the differences between the headstocks are so minor that it will be almost unnoticeable
some strats have that headstock and some have others, so w/e
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
some strats have that headstock and some have others, so w/e

I've never seen one with that headstock

I think older strats have a similar one but don't hold me to that.

Part of me wants to say the Jazzmaster and Stratocaster have different scale lengths. But, to be honest, I'm not 100%.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Part of me wants to say the Jazzmaster and Stratocaster have different scale lengths. But, to be honest, I'm not 100%.

No, both 25.5 inches. You're thinking of a jaguar

The difference in headstocks is that the jazzmasters is slightly larger, but the neck pocket is the same. You could try a CBS style neck if you like, the headstock size might look better.
Quote by supergerbil
No, both 25.5 inches. You're thinking of a jaguar

The difference in headstocks is that the jazzmasters is slightly larger, but the neck pocket is the same. You could try a CBS style neck if you like, the headstock size might look better.

i assume he is right by saying that the jazzmaster and strat have the same neck pocket, the original purpose behind bolt-on necks was that they make fender guitars easier to repair. if the neck breaks, simply buy a new one.....

good ol' leo
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX